- York, GB
- £7 /hr
- Available now
I am a dedicated, motivated and highly skilled professional with experience in the areas of HR, governance, risk management and project management.
I am interested in workingmore...I am a dedicated, motivated and highly skilled professional with experience in the areas of HR, governance, risk management and project management.
I am interested in working together with SMEs, assessing their business needs and then developing and implementing strategies to improve business performance.
Area Covered: Yorkshire, Manchester, London
Job Title: Business Coach & Consultant
Company: Ged & Co.
Description: Working in partnership with SMEs assessing their business needs, developing and implementing strategies to improve performance.
Job Title: Governor
Company: Derwent Federated Schools
Description: Setting performance targets, approve improvement plans, monitor performance, approve annual budget, member of the Marketing Sub-Group, Chair of Premises & Safety Committee
Job Title: Company Secretary
Company: Yorkshire Housing
Description: • Oversaw the governance function, including governance reviews and restructures, establishment of Nominations Committee. Investigated complaints against non-executive directors (NED). Delivered training to Board and Committee members, participated in Board Away Days and Board Information Days
• Audit and risk – responsible for the appointment of internal auditors, development of the internal audit strategy and the annual audit plan. Managed the risk management framework. Devolved risk register to senior managers, assessed strategic and operational risks; prepared and presented quarterly risk report to Audit Risk Committee
• Health and Safety – instrumental in embedding a health and safety culture, developed and monitored health and safety action plan, established a Joint Health and Safety Consultation Group.
• Project Management/programme management - influential in developing and implementing project management methodology. Led on Programme Management and corporate projects.
Job Title: Business Services Director
Company: Yorkshire Housing
Description: • Led human resources, learning and development, IT, Marketing and Governance functions
• Developed HR and Marketing strategies. Attained Investors in People. Led on HR Change Management Projects – including organisation restructure and TUPE. Improved accuracy of payroll function within three months, introduced process and procedures for managing the HR function and introduced KPI information to managers. HR support to staff and management - eg employee relations (grievances), performance management (disciplinary and capability), restructuring, policy development and review
• Drafted and presented strategies, policies and reports to Board and Committees;
• Led on development and implementation of corporate intranet
• Participated in the development of the three year Corporate Plan
• Effectively managed Business Services Budget of £2m
Job Title: Head of Corporate Services
Company: Institute for Learning and Teaching in Higher Education
Description: • Established the Corporate Services Team – Finance, IT, HR and health and safety functions
• Developed HR Handbook, HR policies and procedures, advised managers and directors on HR matters, introduced reward system
• Drafted and presented reports to the Board and Finance and Audit Committee; arranged and attended AGM;
• Advised others on Memorandum and Articles of Association; liaised with solicitors and accountants as necessary.
• Developed and implemented financial procedures
• Managed external audit process
• Analysed monthly accounts, prepared and presented financial position to Finance & Audit Committee
Job Title: Business Manager
Company: Energy for Sustainable Development
Description: Led Accounts, IT and Administration Departments
Prepared management accounts, analysed cash flow, raised interim invoices, prepared financial statements
Drafted job descriptions and contracts of employment,
Recruited and appraised staff
Managed company pension scheme
Drafted personnel procedures
Managed IT and IS system
Managed office security
Job Title: Office Manager
Company: CMAI Europe
Description: Prepared accounts to Trial Balance, profit and loss and balance sheet
Recruited and supervised administration staff
Managed installation and maintenance of WAN/LAN network
Responsible for Network Administration Duties
Developed and Maintained Customer Database
Prepared budgets and cash flow forecasts for head office
Field of Study: Prince2
University / College: PRINCE
Field of Study: Personnel Development
University / College: Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development
University / College: University of Bath
Field of Study: Economics & Management
University / College: University of London
Field of Study: 5 GCSEs & 4 O Levels
University / College: William Morris
Business Consultant & Coach