- Mumbai, IN
- $50 /hr
- Available now
I have 17+ years experience in enterprise software application development and management. I can assume following roles for your organization in any application development andmore...I have 17+ years experience in enterprise software application development and management. I can assume following roles for your organization in any application development and management project - Technical Architect, Software Architect, Application Architect, Application Manager, Software Development Manager, Software Application Maintenance and Support Manager, Project Manager, Problem Manager and Root Cause Analyst.
Education / Certification:
• Master of Technology in Computer Science from Indian Statistical Institute (ISI) Calcutta in 1994
• Master of Science in Applied Mathematics from University of Calcutta (CU) Calcutta in 1991
• ITIL Foundation v3; Apollo Root Cause Analysis Methodology Certification by ARMS RELIABILITY
• 17+ yrs in Enterprise Software Application Development and Management – maintenance / enhancement / support.
• 7 years as Technical Architect / Manager – Technical Leadership and full life-cycle Project Management (PMBOK), 6 years in Agile/Scrum, 11+ years in Lead Role/People Management, managed ~15 resources.
• Worked for Deloitte, Accenture, Perot System (now Dell Services), TCS, JDA (earlier Manugistics).
• 14+ years of global exposure / 3+ years in abroad - USA, UK, Ireland, Johannesburg, Australia, Singapore.
• Worked in big projects of sizes $5 mn / 50 resources to $5 bn / 1500 resources with teams dispersed across the globe.
• Diverse Technology Platforms – Web, n-tier Client/Server, MiddleWare, Legacy / IBM Mainframe.
• 17+ yrs hands-on - Analysis, SDLC, Architecture/Design Patterns, C/C++, Java/J2EE, Cobol, Unix, SQL – Oracle/Sybase/MS-SQL, Data Structure, Algorithm, Multithreading, OOAD, HLD/LLD, OOP, Procedural, UML.
• Business models - Fixed Price, Time & Material, Off-shore/On-site.
• Project Management - Initiation, Planning, Execution, Monitor/Control, Delivery/Closure; Scope, Cost/Budget, Schedule, Effort Estimation, Quality, Status Reporting, Risk/Issue, Stakeholder.
• Industry - Banking and Financial Services (BFS) - Investment Banking / Capital Market, Core / Retail Banking and Credit Card Business; Supply Chain Management (SCM) / Retail and USA Government.
• Clients - JPMorgan Chase, Bank of Ireland, ABSA Bank, California Govt., BHP Billiton; daily client interaction.
Technical Architecture – Leadership:
• Requirement Analysis; Enterprise / Application Architecture; Solution Framework / Architecture.
• SDLC – Waterfall, Iterative/Incremental, Prototype/Spiral, Agile / Scrum.
• n-tier Client/Server, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Distributed Computing, Model View Controller (MVC), Pipeline, Request/Response, Conversational, Message Queue, Publish-Subscribe, Process Driven.
• Design Pattern: Singleton, Factory Pattern, Abstract Factory, Adapter, Proxy, Façade, Composite, Iterator, Mediator.
• Guide design, build, SIT, UAT support; Object Model, Functional Model, Dynamic Model.
• C/C++/UNIX (13 yrs): Kernel/System Programming, Networking, Inter Process Communication (IPC), Socket, TCP/IP, Multithreading, Lexical Analyzer / Parser, Lex/Yacc, Shell, Perl. VC++/MFC (10 years)
• Java/Web (8 yrs) – Core Java, Distributed Programming / RMI / RPC, JDBC, JavaBeans, Design Patterns, J2EE, JSP/Servlet, EJB, Container, Persistence, Transaction, JMS, Collection, Concurrency, Hibernate.
• RDBMS / SQL (11 yrs) – Oracle, Sybase, MS-SQL, Stored Procedure, SQL Performance Optimization.
• Cobol (7 yrs) – IBM Mainframe/MVS + Unix; HOGAN; MiddleWare – Tuxedo, WebLogic, MQ Series
Industry: Banking and Financial Services (BFS) – 8 years
• Investment Banking / Capital Market (4 years) – Securities; Derivatives; Trade/Derivative Life Cycle; Trade/Contract Valuation, Front-Middle-Back Office, Clearing/Settlement, Risk Management.
• Core/Retail Banking (4 years) – Account Management, Integrated Deposit System, Withdrawal, Fund Transfer, FX Operations, Integrated Loan System; Credit Card Business – Merchant, Card Holder, Acquiring Bank, Issuing Bank, Credit Card Association / Network, Authorization, Clearing & Settlement.
Supply Chain Management (SCM) / Retail – 2 years - Demand Forecast, Distribution Planning, Production Planning, Deployment/Replenishment Planning, Adaptive Forecasting, Dynamic Distribution and Deployment.
• Status Reporting - Earned Value Metrics (EVM), Burn Down Chart, SLA Metrics.
• Effort Estimation –Use Case Point Analysis (UCP), Component Based/Bottom-Up, Line of Code (LOC).
• Team / People Management – recruitment, inspire, empower, coaching/mentoring, performance appraisal.
• Risk/Issue Management - qualitative/quantitative analysis, mitigation plan and monitor/control.
• Client / Stakeholder Management; Conflict Management; Escalation Management; Vendor Management.
• Incident Management, Problem Management, Continuous Service Improvement (CSI).
Dec 2012 – Till Date: I had taken a break. At present I am looking for suitable opportunity.
Accenture - Mumbai - 5.7 years [May ‘07 - Nov ’12]
Project 10: 24x7 production support of enterprise system that support world wide natural resources business
Duration/Size: 1.6 years; Jun ’11 – Nov ’12 / 1500 resources
Client: BHP Billiton – Australia / Singapore - world’s largest natural resources provider
Role: Problem Manager - Interacted with Incident Management Team, dev teams, vendors, clients and end-users spread across the globe; delivered Post Incident Review (PIR), Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and Incident Trend Analysis; driven end-to-end Continuous Service Improvement (CSI) program to stabilize the system.
Project 9: Investment Banking Technology – Core Processing (IBT-CP) - Development, maintenance and enhancement of back-office system of derivatives trading platform that supports post-trade Straight through Processing (STP) of clearing and settlement of derivatives
Duration/Size: 4.1 years; May ’07 – May ’11 / 50 resources
Client: JPMorgan Chase (JPMC) – UK (London) - Wall Street Investment Banker
Technology: Process Driven and Publish-Subscribe / Event-Broker architecture; C/C++/Unix, Shell, Perl, Java/J2EE, Web Services, Tomcat, WebLogic, Sybase/T-SQL, Persistence, IPC, Daemon Process, VC++/Windows.
Role: Technical Architect / Technical Manager
• In charge of development of technical framework of the back-office system – IPC/Messaging, Reference Data, Exception Handling, Client Services, Reporting, Message Gateway and Performance Monitoring.
• Delivered quarterly releases of the framework - Agile/Scrum.
• Project Management - People Management - Technical Leadership - hands-on development.
• Studied technical framework; analyzed requirement; taken architecture related decision.
• Designed and developed / enhanced the framework.
Achievement: JPMC Manager appreciated my leadership skill as robust in handling any kind of challenges.
JDA Software / Manugistics - Hyderabad - 2.1 years [Mar ‘05 – Apr ’07]
Project 8: Supply Chain Planning and Optimization (SCPO) - Development, maintenance and enhancement of SCPO product that creates optimal time-phased multi-level dynamic distribution requirement plan and dynamic deployment plan based on dynamic demand forecasting.
Duration: 2.1 years; Apr ’06 – Apr ‘07
Technology: Model-View-Controller (MVC), Distributed Computing and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA); C/C++/Unix, Java/J2EE, WebLogic, Pro*C, Oracle/SQL, VC++/Windows.
Role: Sr. Technical Architect
• Technical Leadership / Management including hands-on development.
• Studied existing technical framework; analyzed new features to be implemented.
• Architected, designed and developed / enhanced the product.
• Delivered bi-weekly sprint releases – Agile / Scrum.
Project 7: Contract Manufacturing – Maintenance, enhancement and support of ERP/SCM products that supports “Make-To-Order” type business and production planning - generates optimized production schedule
Duration: 2.1 years; Mar ’05 – Mar ‘06
Technology: Client/Server; C/C++/Unix, VC++, Java/J2EE, Pro*C, MF-COBOL, Pro*C, Pro*COBOL, Oracle/SQL
Role: Sr. Technical Architect
• Managed technical aspects of project end-to-end; delivered periodic releases of enhanced application.
• Grasped technical framework - leveraged my expertise in C/C++, Java and COBOL.
• Technical Leadership – architecture related decisions, designed and developed resolution.
Achievement: JDA/Manugistics Product Manager appreciated my excellent problem solving skill and quick learning curve on new business and technology.
Perot System (now Dell Services) - Noida - 1.1 year [Feb ‘04 – Feb ’05]
Project 6: Service Process Renewal – Transaction Recording And Cash System (SPR-TRACS) - Development and enhancement of Banking Application that supports Core/Retail Banking and Credit Card Business
Client: Bank of Ireland - Ireland
Technology: 6-tier - Client/Server and IBM Mainframe connected through message queue middleware MQ Series; Multithreading, VC++/MFC, Java/J2EE, MS-SQL, IBM Mainframe/COBOL/DB2, Windows.
Role: Technical Architect
• Studied technical framework; conducted requirement analysis.
• Architected and delivered enhanced application.
• Technical Leadership / Management - hands-on design, development, SIT and UAT support.
Deloitte Consulting - Sacramento (California, USA) - 2.2 years [Mar ‘01 – Apr ’03]
Project 5: CalWIN - Development of California State Welfare System. It supports major processing functions of Welfare Client Data System (WCDS) Consortium, which is association of 18 California counties.
Size: 150 resources
Client: California State Government – Sacramento, California, USA
Technology: 4-tier Client/Server and Request/Response based Transaction Middleware Tuxedo; IPC/Socket, C/C++/Unix, Shell, MF-COBOL, Pro*C, Pro*COBOL, Oracle, MS-SQL, Lex/Yacc, VC++/Windows.
Role: Technical / Team Lead
• Developed C/C++ and COBOL code generators out of pseudo codes using Lex/Yacc.
• Developed Tuxedo services, business and data access modules that interact with back-end Oracle server.
• Built 3-tier Tuxedo application server by integrating Tuxedo services, business and data access modules.
Project 4: MegaRAID - Worked for American Megatrend Incorporation (now LSI Logic) - Fremont (California, USA) - [Oct ‘00 – Feb ’01] – development / support of RAID solution - VC++/MFC, Java.
Project 3: AdBar & Payroll Software - Worked for CalTiger.com (Patriot Automation Projects Pvt. Ltd.) - Calcutta - [Apr–Sep ’00] - developed Payroll Software & AdBar in VC++/MFC, Java, Windows.
Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) - Calcutta – 3.2 years [Mar ‘97 to Apr ’00]
Project 2: HOGAN – Development and maintenance of IBM Mainframe / MVS / COBOL based Integrated Banking Application HOGAN that supports Core/Retail Banking and Debit/Credit Card Business.
Client: ABSA Bank, Johannesburg - the largest bank in South Africa
Role: Analyzed, designed, developed and maintained HOGAN - Integrated Deposit System (IDS), Integrated Loan System (ILS), Customer Information System (CIS), Card And Merchant System (CAMS).
Achievement: TCS on-site Account Manager attributed my knowledge on technical framework of HOGAN as instrumental in off-shoring the project.
Project 1: MagiMail - Worked for Jenson & Nicholson - Calcutta [Aug ’94 - Mar’ 97] on development - reverse-engineer, re-engineer and migration of in-house corporate intranet application used across all 36 branches in India from DOS/Novel Netware to Unix using Star Topology, C, IPC/Socket and Shortest Path Algorithm.
IT Software Application Architect / Manager