- Buenos Aires, AR
- $24 /hr
- Available now
I am a professional sworn translator (Universidad Catolica Argentina) with over 20 years of experience, mainly in the technical field (IT, Oil & Gas, Automation), but alsomore...I am a professional sworn translator (Universidad Catolica Argentina) with over 20 years of experience, mainly in the technical field (IT, Oil & Gas, Automation), but also specialized in Medicine, Biochemistry, Legal/ Finance and General Topics. I am registered at the Colegio de Traductores Publicos de la Ciudad de Buenos Aires.
Area Covered: Worldwide via web.
Work Experience Summary: Translating
- Independent exercise of the profession. Public (sworn), Scientific, Technical and Literary Translations, English/Spanish and Spanish/English.
• 1998 • today: Hardware / software localization, and IT-related topics, for the Brazilian translation agency Latin Languages (formerly known as Editema). Main clients I translated for: Creative Labs, AMD, Siemens, Compaq, HP, Symantec and Xerox. (software, manuals, handhelds, printers, AIOs, MP3 players, storage devices, specifications, employees’ training courses, marketing material, networks, topologies, etc.)
• Translation of web pages / sites.
• During 1998, I worked as free lance translator for the Languages Consultants Bureau Ecole, where I was given translation of Xerox products (imaging, networks, etc.).
• During 1996, I began to work as translator at the jewelry shop Giovanna di Firenze. I was in charge of the translation of everything related to the introduction of Tiffany’s products in Argentina: agreements between the parties, brochures about Tiffany's history and evolution for their distribution for the press, contacts between the companies to handle the details of the organization of the launching "events" (press breakfast, cocktail, dinner-parade). Likewise, I worked as interpreter in the phone calls between both companies. I am still making translations for Giovanna di Firenze so as to establish contacts with other international renown companies.
• Sports: Sports journalism and translations of brochures and other papers from the Sports Council (UK).
• Engineering: civil constructions
• Technical: * Operations manuals for the use of machines for the processes of vertical and centrifugal casting.
* Operations manuals of electronic appliances.
* Operations manual of an echosounder.
• Business Letters
• Law: Translation of Certificates, Contracts.
• Economy and Investing. I've translated the book: Integrated Cost Management.
• Medicine: Traumatisms and Implants. Translation of reports, protocols, inserts, equipment brochures, specs. Infertility. OB/GYN. Reproductive Endocrinology
• General Interest Themes: Translation of the book “The Nigel Lawson Diet Book” (December 1996).
Education Summary: Studies
Post-graduate: Language and Legal Translation. University of Buenos Aires. Law and Social Sciences School. Continuing Education Program for Certified Translators. (1998)
University: Sworn Translator in English. Argentine Catholic University (1992/1995)
Biochemistry / Medicine. University of Buenos Aires (1990/1991 - incomplete)
High School: Bilingual High School Diploma with Specialization in Sciences and Letters. Lenguas Vivas “John Fitzgerald Kennedy” (1985/1989)
- Linguistic and Cultural Awareness - Lenguas Vivas "Juan Ramon Fernandez"
- Intensive Translation Practice - Full Time Language Studio
- II Argentine Congress of Translators and Interpreters • Law and Social Sciences School • University of Buenos Aires
- The Teaching of Grammar - Lenguas Vivas "Juan Ramon Fernandez”
- Contrastive Analysis in Language Teaching - Lenguas Vivas "Juan RamÃ³n Fernandez”
- Technical-medical English - Medical English Center
- The Language of Capital Markets • Argentine Forex Club
- Workshop on Financial Terminology and its Application to the Teaching in Companies • Sworn Translators Association of the City of Buenos Aires.
- Key Elements to insert oneself in the Labor Market - Sworn Translators Association of the City of Buenos Aires.
- I Latin American Congress of Translators and Interpreters - Sworn Translators Association of the City of Buenos Aires.
- Workshop: Management for Professional Secretaries - Secretary Bureau. Degree attained: Bilingual Semi-senior Secretary.
- II Latin American Congress of Translation and Interpretation - Sworn Translators Association of the City of Buenos Aires.
- Legal English - Interaction Language Studio.
Professional Translator English > Spanish and Spanish > English
excellent- just as promised, fast and efficient. Will use again.
Excellent, fast and professional work delivered once again by Gabriela.
Very reliable and Professional
Speedy delivery of the project. Gabriela's quality of work is faultless.
Spedy delivery of project. Will definately use Gabriela again.
Again another super translation project. Gabriella works really hard to provide client satisfaction.
A pleasure to work with. Very professional.
Thank you. A pleasure working with you, too.
No result found
No result found