- Greenville, NC, US
- £75 /hr
- Available now
Managing Partner | REACH LEGAL
REACH LEGAL (January 2009 to Present)
- Extensive experience in high-volume document production and revision, and working undermore...PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
REACH LEGAL (January 2009 to Present)
- Extensive experience in high-volume document production and revision, and working under tight deadlines.
- Drafted, reviewed and/or administered contracts for a wide variety of business-related matters, including: shareholder and partner buy-sell agreements; licensing and distribution agreements; vendor contracts; loan documents such as promissory notes and security agreements; employee and independent contractors agreements; management policies and procedures guides, employee handbooks, company health and safety policies and procedures; consulting agreements; residential and commercial real estate transactions; trusts; music, intellectual property, and other entertainment-related contracts and licenses; and non-disclosure agreements. Developed strategies to oppose adverse contract interpretation and wrongful denials of payment.
- Prepared and filed necessary documents to form corporations, limited liability companies and limited partnerships; and drafted corporate bylaws, LLC operating agreements, limited partnership agreements, and board resolutions. Assisted in advising clients on liability options and presenting legal ramifications regarding business structure and goals.
- Demonstrated exceptional skill in motion work, analyzing pleadings, opinion briefs, and other legal documents.
- Drafted and prepared correspondence, pleadings and other litigation related documents, including pleadings, motions, demand letters, cease and desist letters, DMCA take-down notices, client letters and other correspondences memorandums; researched courtroom procedure to ensure compliance.
- Conducted comprehensive and detailed case law, statutory, and regulatory research on complex legal issues under numerous areas of law, including: corporate, business and commercial laws; labor and employment law; consumer law; personal and business income taxation; securities law; intellectual property; cyber law (digital media, information technologies, and internet law); entertainment law (movie and music industry); real estate, mortgages, and commercial leases; landlord and tenant law issues; international law and treaties; civil procedure and administrative law; unfair competition and false advertising; fair debt collection practices; and copyright infringement, fair use, and international licensing
- Filed applications for copyright and trademark protection; and domestic and international trademark clearance, prosecution, dispute resolution. Investigated trademark infringers and prepared and delivered cease and desist letters to online infringers.
Pretrial Law Clerk [Contract]
LAW FIRM OF BALINT BROWN & BASRI (March 2011 to April 2011)
In the Oracle v. Google, patent and copyright infringement lawsuit, assisted counsel at pretrial in discovery by facilitating their response to the opponent’s request for production of documents. Conducted legal review of privileged and confidential documents of almost a hundred thousand of documents. Examined each document to determine whether responsive to the subject matter and legal issues of the case; and whether production of such document would disclose confidential attorney-client communications or privileged attorney work-product. Upon such finding the document would be submitted to the Court in request for a protective order or to redact sensitive portions.
GATECITY DEVELOPMENT CORP. (September 2007 to December 2008)
Managed daily business operations, including administrative and human resources functions. Ensured compliance with health & safety regulatory requirements and corporate filings with the department of state. Trained and supervised staff; achieved significant improvements in their productivity, increased sales numbers and customer satisfaction. Coordinated activities amongst the various departments and facilities.
LAW OFFICES OF JUSTICE & PERRY (January 2003 to June 2004)
- Worked closely with five attorneys at firm specializing in real estate transactions, criminal defense, personal injury litigation, workers’ compensation, family law, immigration law.
- Conducted comprehensive and detailed case law, statutory, and regulatory research on complex legal issues under numerous areas of law, including: contract law, corporate and small business, criminal, family and domestic, personal injury, immigration, and civil procedure.
- Directly assisted attorneys with all aspects of litigation, including: conducted researched and prepared pleadings, motions, affidavits, notices, and demand letters; discovery, pretrial preparation, and hearings; prepared filings for NC state and federal courts; served subpoenas and process; scheduled judicial hearings; compiled and organized trial notebooks; attended court proceedings; correspondence with clients and witnesses; conducted fact and testimony investigations; interviewed clients and witnesses.
- Analyzed time-sensitive legal issues for trials and motions. Assisted in formulating legal strategies, arguments, and defenses for hearings and trial; and also presented the winning argument for one case to the Court.
- Assisted in contract preparation, corporation formation, and real estate transactions. Drafted and filed formation documents for corporations and limited liability companies. Recorded deeds, mortgages, and liens.
GATECITY DEVELOPMENT CORP. (January 1998 to December 2002)
Juris Doctor (2007)
THOMAS JEFFERSON SCHOOL OF LAW
Coursework: Law & Economics, Contract Law (I, II), UCC Sales, Business Associations, Remedies, Property (I, II, Community), Wills, Trusts, Estate Planning & Gift Taxation, Civil Procedure (I, II, California), Constitutional Law (I, II), Criminal Law, Criminal Procedure, Torts (I, II), Administrative Law, Evidence (Federal, California), Trial Practice, Law Practice Management, First Amendment Practice, Professional Responsibility, Advanced Legal Research, Legal Writing (I, II)
- Scholarship Recipient (2004-2005)
- San Diego Student Bar Association
- Advanced Legal Researcher certificate (Issued by West Law, 2006)
- Advanced Legal Researcher certificate (Issued by Lexis-Nexis, 2006)
Bachelor of Arts (Pre-Law: Philosophy, Mathematics minor & Art Foundations), 2004
EAST CAROLINA UNIVERSITY
Relevant coursework: Philosophy of Law, Macroeconomics, Socratic Method, Logic (Symbolic, Propositional, Advanced), Mathematical Logic, Calculus (I, II, III, IV, Business), Ethics (Modern, Business), American Democracy.
- Judicial Board Member - Student Government Association
- Academic Integrity Board Member - Student Government Association
- Manager - Philosophy Honor Society
- Historian - Legal Professionals Association
My Areas of Legal of Expertise:
| Contract Writing & Review | Corporate & Business Law | Legal Research & Drafting |
| Business Formation (C-Corp, S-Corp, LLC, Partnerships) | Labor & Employment Law |
| Internet & Computer Law | Copyright, Patents & Trademark Law |
CONTRACTS | IP LAW | INTERNET & IT LAW | BUSINESS LAW