- Stockport, GB
- £35 /hr
- Available now
With ten years experience in B-2-B marketing agencies and journalism, I produce persuasive, accurate writing for a wide variety of purposes, to tight deadlines.
Using voicesmore...With ten years experience in B-2-B marketing agencies and journalism, I produce persuasive, accurate writing for a wide variety of purposes, to tight deadlines.
Using voices suitable to the target audience, my expertise includes articles for publication, press releases, case studies, brochure and direct mail copy, business plans, pitch proposals, awards entries, reports, and writing for the web.
My speciality is in the built environment, construction, engineering and manufacturing industries, but I am adept at rapidly gaining a good understanding of new sectors.
Compelling copy engages your audience; maximise the power of your written communications. I can...
* create a personality for your business
* copywrite persuasive marketing materials
* develop advertising copy that sells
* research and write engaging newsletters
* add dynamism to your blog
* edit technical literature
* build muscle on your communications.
Tell your story. Create interest in your company. Protect your reputation. I know the PR approach that works.
Print, online and broadcast. Trade, local or national. From writing a press release to a full campaign, I have the skills and the experience.
* PR copywriting, press releases, case studies, feature articles, awards entries
* Media relations
* Online and social media
* Crisis communications.
Area Covered: North West
Work Experience Summary: Account Director, XXX, Manchester
May 2008 to March 2009
Marketing communications and PR at a full service, strategically focussed agency, handling all writing and project management elements for B2B clients. Services including literature, direct mail, advertising, online and PR, exhibitions and events. Responsible for a small team, and for increasing revenue from existing and new accounts.
PR Account Director, XXX, Surrey
Nov 2004 to May 2008
Creative work, writing, PR and events at this full service integrated agency, winner of the Construction Marketing Awards \'Agency of the Year\' 2006 and 2007. With a portfolio of up to eight clients at any time, working on B2B and B2C campaigns across trade, national and local PR. Leading a team of three, with two further shared resources.
- Using a range of communication methods, attracted over 700 architects and consultants to exhibition Private Views
- In a sample year - achieved editorial coverage across 10 clients of 19,372 single column centimetres and 64 feature articles
- Creative account management of advertising campaign for architectural ironmongery manufacturer targeting brand and product awareness, contributing to a six-fold growth in sales on 2006
- Account management of DM campaign for major lighting manufacturer resulting in a 40% response
- Led and won pitches for new four new accounts
- Wrote and managed production for winning entries to the FX and Offsite Construction Awards
PR Account Manager, XXX, Surrey
Nov 2002 to Nov 2004
PR and work on corporate brochures, websites, DM and advertising for predominantly construction-related clients in this full service B2B agency
- Researched, wrote copy and co-ordinated with design studio for quarterly newsletters, brochures, technical literature and new websites for major clients
- Delivered PR campaigns through construction and security trade press including press events, interviews and product launches, on time and in budget
Account Executive, XXX, Surrey
Jun 2000 to Oct 2002
Marketing communications and PR in a full service B2B agency, with clients across industry sectors including construction, shipping, education and government.
- Researched, wrote, edited, organised photography, and handled all client and design liaison for 16-page, quarterly, client facing newsletter for major construction contractor
- Planned and delivered tightly targeted trade PR campaign
- Established a media database and electronic picture libraries; trained and provided ongoing support to a small team in the use of these tools
Correspondent, XXX local newspaper, London
1998 to 1999
Part-time reporter for weekly news series
- Delivered articles on briefings and art events around east and central London to weekly deadline
- Copy printed without edit
Education Summary: Professional training:
PRCA Account Director Certificate:
- Pitches and proposals
- Leading creativity
- Understanding finance
- Developing profitable clients
- Planning and managing the business
Advanced communication skills
BA Hons in Fine Art
Copywriter and PR consultant