- Saratoga, CA, US
- $85 /hr
- Available now
Developing a new type of social networking called 'fabric networks'.
I am currently serving as CTO for a start-up in Silicon Valley, GlobalSpotz, Inc.
I am an accomplished senior applications developer systems analyst with over 30 years of experiencemore...I am currently serving as CTO for a start-up in Silicon Valley, GlobalSpotz, Inc.
I am an accomplished senior applications developer systems analyst with over 30 years of experience in the information technology industry. My array of expertise includes but is not limited to; systems architecture, network architecture, systems design and analysis, project management, project leadership, application development, coding, testing and implementation.
I am detail oriented with a high level of technical expertise, project management experience, personnel supervision experience and an extensive working knowledge of logical and physical mainframe and Intranet/Internet computing environments.
My vision and demand for world class results are what drives the initiatives of Remote Consulting - USA.
Area Covered: United States
Work Experience Summary: FORREST W. WARD
13049 Palermo Court, Saratoga, CA 95070
Cell (408) 478-8443
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Senior application developer with over 30 years experience in the information technology field including but not limited to; systems architecture, network architecture, systems design and analysis, project management, project leadership, application development, coding, testing and implementation.
Detail oriented with a high level of technical, project management, personnel supervision experience and extensive working knowledge of logical and physical computing environments.
System Administration/System Management in the PC/LAN Network environments using Novell Advanced Netware and Artisoft LANtastic NOS
Technisource, Inc. (Wells Fargo - Charlotte, NC) 10-2010 to 01-2011
Applications Developer/Systems Analyst II
* Development and maintenance of Debit Card Conversion from Wachovia to Wells Fargo
* Automation of Business Process Testing for production QA data validations
Skill: COBOL, IMS, DB2, VSAM, JCL, ChangeMan, MQ Series, NDM, CA Products, Eztrieve Plus, Borke JES Request System, Quality Center, QuickTest Pro
Carpool Network USA, LLC 04-2006 to Present
Chief Executive Officer / Owner - Web Developer - Systems Analyst
* Strategic Corporate Planning
* Strategic Business Planning
* Director of Information Technology
* Architecture of Information Technology
* Database Administration
* Strategic IT Planning
* Web Development
Websites include: The Trade Police http://thetradepolice.com/new/
Intl. Management Staffing Agency http://imsallc-jobs.com
Carpool Network USA http://carpoolnetwork-usa.com
Meet Safely On-Line http://meetsafelyonline.com
Web Safety Alliance http://websafetyalliance.org
Post Access Hosting http://portaccesshosting.com
TEK Systems, Inc. (Blue Cross Blue Shield of South Carolina) 12-2006 to 12-2009
Applications Developer/Systems Analyst II
* Development and maintenance of TriCare CICS online adjudication subsystems
* TriCare online adjudication processes - Subsystems 05, 06, 07
* Primary SME for TriCare Subsystem 07 Provider Pricing subsystem
* On-call support for TriCare Provider Pricing subsystems
* Commercial Systems online and batch systems adjudication processes
* Primary SME for Commercial Systems Online Subsystem 06 for project RD135A - Elimination of Expansion Database and Common I/O - PIMS, CLAIMCHECK interfaces - Overlay processing
* Auto Come-ups and Auto Adjudication for Commercial Systems RD135A project
Skill: APS/COBOL, CICS, DB2, VSAM, JCL, Endevor, MQ Series, IMS, ZEKE scheduling software, Dumpmaster, Eztrieve Plus, Quality Center
Shaw Industries, Inc. Dalton, GA 05-2005 to 11-2006
Programmer Analyst I
* CICS/COBOL/DB2 applications on backend of web-based customer service/order entry system.
* Process Improvement Winner - April 2006 for submission of process model study for scheduled release process model and enhanced CHANGE CONTROL MANAGEMENT
Skill: COBOL, CICS, DB2, VSAM, JCL, Endevor, MQ Series, IMS, ZEKE scheduling software, Dumpmaster, Eztrieve Plus, WebSphere
CIGNA HealthCare, Inc., Chattanooga, TN 04-1998 to 04-2005
Senior Applications Developer
* Served as Y2K conversion correspondence coordinator with outside 3rd parties and vendors.
* Developed automated procedure to replicate production file systems for multiple testing environments.
* Led development of Systems Acceptance, Release End-to-End, Production Support and Training testing environments and standardization of development life-cycle procedures for CLIST components.
* Created the Field Office Directory Information System responsible for providing assignment of document numbers and routing of claims by field office number, return addressing of CHECKS/EOBS and Correspondence and distribution of EOB Reprints.
* Achieved significant cost reductions by elimination of over 300 obsolete weekly and monthly management reports.
* Project leadership in development/enhancement of various critical path systems including: Management Reporting, Correspondence, EOB Reprints, Cleared Draft Updates, Late Payment Interest
* SME designation in various critical path and non-critical path batch and online application systems including: Management Reporting, Correspondence, EOB Reprints (*), Cleared Draft Updates, Late Payment Interest, Work Units, Manual Claims Entry (*), ProClaim Batch Claims Adjudication and Payment, Gatekeeper Escrow Account System (*).
* Directed Y2K remediation of critical path batch and online application systems in the OS/390 environment and coordinated Y2K conversion correspondence.
* Led conversion of distributed client server applications to OS/390 mainframe applications.
Skill: COBOL, IMS DB/DC, DB2, VSAM, JCL, CICS, Endevor, MQ Series, IMS, CA-7, Xpeditor, CA-7, CA-FileAid, CA-AbendAid, PANVALET, Workbench for DB2, RC-SECURE for DB2, CA-FileAid for DB2, IBM Passport, Xpeditor, Test Director, WinRunner
(*) Subsystems prototyped and developed using IMS DB/DC, DB2 and COBOL
FREELANCE PROGRAMMER ANALYST & WEBSITE DEVELOPER, Kingsport, TN 1995 to 1998
* Dial-up Networking configurations and trouble-shooting.
DESIGNTREE ENTERPRISES, INC., Kingsport, TN 1990 to 1995
Owner/President, Systems & Applications Developer, Programmer Analyst
* VAR/VAD reseller, Systems Integrator, Database Administrator and Programmer Analyst providing products and services to small and medium sized businesses in Upper East Tennessee.
* Sales and installation of systems hardware, software and LAN networks.
* Performed system maintenance on personal computers and LAN Networks.
* Developed programs to interface with pre-existing software as well as new sub-systems to interact with existing database structures.
AFG Industries, Inc., Kingsport, TN 1987 to 1989
* Performed computer operations manipulating nightly batch processes, system IPL and backup/restore procedures.
* Use of GAMMA 4GL for development of COBOL/CICS applications in the IBM VM/DOS/VSE environment utilizing VTAM/CICS.
* Responsible for coordinating system design with end-users as well as department heads and tracking of assigned projects.
* Worked with batch edit procedures for correction of online file data. Setup the JCL necessary for development and production.
* Coordinated file creation and allocations with Systems Group. Author of nationally distributed PC software for showing energy savings using AFG glass.
Skill: COBOL, CICS, DB2, VM/DOS/VSE, VTAM, VSAM, JCL, GAMMA 4GL
President of DPMA Student Chapter - Northeast State Technical Community College
President, Alpha Kappa Phi - National Honor Society
Who's Who in American Junior Colleges - 1987
Boy Scouts of America - Eagle Scout - 1966
Data Processing Management Association, East Tennessee Chapter - #125
Offices held: Vice-President - 1988 to 1989
Treasurer - 1987 to 1988
Newsletter Editor - 1986 to 1989
Education Summary: Northeast State Technical Community College, Blountville, TN
A.A.S. - Management Information Science
Graduated June 1987 with Honors (4.0+ QPA)
Associate of Applied Science, Management Information Science
Minor - Accounting
Chief Technical Officer