- Nunhead, GB
- £7 /hr
- Available now
I have just signed up today on this site after being recommended by work colleagues. Am looking for extra cash, so any work that requires couple of hours or days a week that are out of normal office hours would be appreciated!
I am a highly qualified and competitively experienced Web Applications Developer/Consultant with impressive team leadership, technical and consultancy skills. I am a very result-drivenmore...I am a highly qualified and competitively experienced Web Applications Developer/Consultant with impressive team leadership, technical and consultancy skills. I am a very result-driven creative professional offering both technical, people and client services management. I am constantly on the look of latest technology and applying it to my work. My years of Web programming include NET technologies, SQL programming and administration, CMS systems and Social APIs, with fair experience of PHP, MySQL and Windows servers.
I am a joy to work with since I am very passionate about work and about the people I am working with. Helping them achieve their goals would help achieve mine.
Recently, I have been more involved with data privacy and protection from information security perspective.
Area Covered: London, UK and anywhere in the world (for web-based projects)
Job Title: Technical Support Engineer / Consultant
Company: Demand Media
I work very closely with the core technical team based in Austin, Texas on daily basis for all issues reported by clients not only in the Europe, but also all over the US.
Job Title: EPiServer Developer
Company: Lawn Tennis Association
Description: Upgrade LTA corporate website from EPiServer CMS 5 to CMS 6, with Composer 4. I also work on architecting the website by restructuring the Visual Studio projects into n-tier application architecture. Other work involves upgrading the database server from MSSQL 2005 to MSSQL 2008.
Aside from the public website, I also help build the intranet site (from CMS 5 to CMS 6), by rewriting some business components into the solution. The work involves on integrating with Active Directory users throughout the UK.
Job Title: Development Consultant / Senior Application Developer
Company: Rufus Leonard
Description: I work on the O2 Sales website which has than 20 separate B2B applications (ASP.NET C# 3.5, SQL 2005, AJAX and partly MVC, XAML and Silverlight). My responsibilities include:
• 80% hands-on programming and 20% research & development such as writing white paper about Community Portal and Social Networking. Also involved in SLA and client/technical partner relationships.
• Technical input prior to initiation and scoping stages, including integration with RedDot & EPiServer.
• Active technical support to applications including ad-hoc reporting and re-factoring automated jobs.
• Collaborate with test team to improve application performance (including portable devices), coding quality based on web standards and accessibility guidelines.
• Lead and implement migration project on upgrading SQL2000 SQL 2008.
As part of my daily job routine, I am a DBA working on Relational Data Modelling, database tuning, optimisation, mirroring, SSIS and SQL server security. I acquire SharePoint 2007, MOSS, and Silverlight skills for Rufus Leonard intranet development. This also leads to Model Driven Development which uses ADO.NET Entity Framework.
I am the chief developer for the Identity & Passport Services (IPS) intranet application – Brightsparks – which deploys .NET 3.5, SQL2000, Enterprise Libraries, AJAX and jQuery, including Visual Studio Unit Testing and NUnit. The project includes writing technical and functional specification, information architecture and documentation.
Other clients include the Association of Investment Companies (AIC), Canary Wharf Group (CWG) – the use of NHibernate and NUnit, and Department of International Development (DFID) – all of which are EPiServer CMS and custom ASP.NET projects, of minimum budget around £100,000.
I also gain a very competitive knowledge in Microsoft server products such as Active Directory, Windows 2008, and Search Server, by working closely with internal network team and external contractors.
Job Title: Technical Lead
Company: Skive Creative Limited
Description: I lead and ensure all development processes and standards are closely followed by in-house developers and contractors. My responsibilities include:
• 70% hands-on programming (lead ASP.NET programmer for Hasbro games website (valued £100k) and NFLUK.com (valued £60k)) and 30% team leading, training and consultancy.
• Technical direction of development team including the implementation, deployment and continuous maintenance/support of version control system using Subversion on Windows servers.
• Technical project management for big projects (£50k plus) such as Motorola (virtual reality applications with Advanced Flash, XML and SQL Server), Orange Rewards web sites (with CMS), NFLUK.com and Carlton Screen Advertising.
• Pioneered the transition of PHP and ASP websites to ASP.Net (C#) websites in load-balanced server environments.
• Directly involved in new business pitches together with Managing Director, Commercial Director and Sales Director.
• Work hand-in-hand with Creative and Interactive designers and developers in tackling issues such as user interfaces, accessibility and integration with back-end systems.
Job Title: Interactive Technical Manager
Company: Monster Worldwide
Description: Development, QA & Delivery for Custom Projects:
• Oversee development, devise & maintain programming standards across developers in the UK and the European regions – with use of Tracker & Perforce.
• Pioneered HTML wireframes in project development & QA process.
• Successfully delivered HBOS online recruitment project (valued £160k) with SAP integration. Also delivered online forums and polls for Barnet & Chase NHS Trust.
• Programmed and built BARCAP online Flash presentation (with ActionScripting, XML & ASP) to be used by BARCAP employees worldwide (valued £30k from overall project of £150k)
• Campaign Microsites – scope out complete product portfolio, delivery process, technical needs & support.
• NHS/LG Product – online recruitment product for NHS & Local Government clients. Involved from initial ideas, to development, delivery, and support.
• Online Survey – templated online surveys with custom branding.
• Banners – worked with creative team and agreed delivery.
Technical Consultancy & Project Management:
• Provide strategic technical consultancy at sales and scope-of-work meetings with clients. Managed to get the client (LB Enfield) agreed on £3000 extra on the same day during product demo.
• Delivered viral HTML email project for Unilever (“Food for Life” campaign) for distribution to 30,000 employees worldwide. Client commissioned the second run of this due to the success.
Pre-Sales, Support & Maintenance:
• Sales pitches and presentations, which involves high value projects (in the region of minimum £50k) – Met Police & HBOS.
• Support dedicated online media team for media ad campaigns, technical troubleshooting, and SEO.
• Administrative work on hardware, web servers and architecture, SLA and hosting agreement.
• Manage 5 developers and 2 creative designers in the UK.
• Maintain excellent working relationships with developers based in Prague.
• Identify team core skills and recruit new members.
Field of Study: IT Consultancy
University / College: London Metropolitan University
Field of Study: Computer Science
University / College: University of Bath
Web Application Consultant