- Bridge of Weir, GB
- £25 /hr
- Available now
I am a professional writer with more than 20 years' experience in writing what people want to read.
I learned my skills in newspaper journalism and took them with me intomore...I am a professional writer with more than 20 years' experience in writing what people want to read.
I learned my skills in newspaper journalism and took them with me into PR, copywriting and online content creation.
There is no mystery to successful writing, the magic lies in capturing what the client wants to say in a form the reader wants to read. The formats and platforms may change, but the need for clarity never does.
• Confident and fast writing in any style – able to translate complex ideas into readable English.
• Creative thinker and problem solver.
• Great news judgement.
• Clear understanding of what people want to read.
• The ability to work under pressure and assimilate information at speed.
• Effective news and information gathering.
• The ability to create systems out of chaos.
• Clear and authoritative communication.
• Understanding of online communication and SEO.
April 2007 – present
Freelance writer and journalist
In 2007, in search of the elusive work-life balance, I decided to become freelance. Since then I have developed a wide and varied portfolio career.
I write for news and entertainment websites, magazines and newspapers as well as providing copy for a range of client websites and publications.
I offer training in social media and have recently launched a blogging workshop.
I work with several businesses on their PR and social media, both planning and execution.
I have written a book, Blogging For Happiness, which was published in 2011 by Nell James Publishers.
West End Life, Clyde Life and Angus Living
Scottish Sunday Express
The Scottish Sun
The Huffington Post
The Tutor Hub
Written word expert - copywriter, blogger, editor