- Falkirk, GB
- £15 /hr
- Available now
Plugging gaps in the skills market -
Experienced copy editor / proof-reader both in creative and technical writing. I work quickly, my turn-around time is good and I never miss an agreed deadline.
Generalmore...Experienced copy editor / proof-reader both in creative and technical writing. I work quickly, my turn-around time is good and I never miss an agreed deadline.
General note :
An editor will actively engage with the writer, suggesting changes. I am not an editor
A copy editor works with the copy supplied, checking grammar, spelling, context and continuity. (More detail below)
A proofreader checks the final production against the proof, to ensure there are no mistakes. (More detail below)
A reviewer reads the final product and responds with an opinion. (More detail below)
I can work on your job as follows :
- Creative writing - checking for flow, grammar, spelling and continuity. Additional recommendations are only submitted if part of the brief.
- Websites - Sense-checking your website for grammar, spelling, and ease of use, with a detailed report back
- Technical writing - offering proof-reading and / or indexing. Past experience in writing and editing financial technical manuals
- Experience and preference is for thriller and some scifi.
- Historical novels - will web-check references as part of copy-editing, but not qualified for in-depth research.
- Critique appraisals on a completed draft - I will skim-read through, then re-read jotting notes re obvious errors, lumps and bumps, and give you a 200-300 word written opinion. The charge is approximately £25 per 50 thousand words, with £10 non-refundable deposit, please do not send if main subject matter is porn, drug or foul language, you waste your £10.
- Quick reviews - if you just want to know how your novel's blurb and sample come across, I will do an Amazon read-and-respond, all genres, for $5.
ELIZABETH L E.
Creative writer, copy editor, proof-reading, book appraisals, translations