- Cardiff, GB
- £25 /hr
- Available now
I am an accomplished writer and editor and edit my own lifestyle and parenting blog called After the Playground aimed at women in mid-life. I am a weekly columnist for the nationalmore...I am an accomplished writer and editor and edit my own lifestyle and parenting blog called After the Playground aimed at women in mid-life. I am a weekly columnist for the national newspaper of Wales (Western Mail) and a Huffington Post blogger.
I have successfully grown my blog and social media following after launching in May 2016 and now have over 6,000 followers over all platforms. I can help you to grow your blog too.
I previously worked as an academic researcher (PhD awarded 1998) and am a published author in the fields of epidemiology and public health. My published writing includes
• Many papers in leading scientific journals including The Lancet
• A book assessing the public health significance of an emerging bacterial pathogen aimed at medical and public health professionals
• Major literature review reports for government organisations including the Health Protection Agency and the Health and Safety Executive
• Discussion documents and update briefings on public health issues for private sector companies
I always meet deadlines. I can accurately follow detailed briefs or develop my own ideas for your project. I have a friendly approachable and professional attitude to my work.
Area Covered: Any
Job Title: Senior Research Fellow and Non Clinical Lecturer
Company: Department of Epidemiology, Public Health and Statistics
Description: • Design, conduct and reporting of epidemiological studies
• Preparation of manuscripts for publication
• Lectures and tutorials on epidemiology, statistics and public health to undergraduate (Bachelor of Medicine) and Masters (Masters in Public Health) students.
• Supervision and marking undergraduate and Master’s dissertations
• Marking undergraduate and Master’s assignments, essays, scientific posters, presentations and exam papers.
• Organisation and preparation of seminars on emerging food safety issues for the catering industry.
Job Title: Acdemic Editor
Company: Health Psychology Consultancy
Description: Academic editing and feedback for dissertation
Education Summary: PhD: The incidence and sources of Vero cytotoxin producing Escherichia coli O157 in Wales and the English Borders 1994-1996.
University of Leeds 1997
BSc (Hons) 2.1 Environmental Health. University of Wales 1990
2016: Editor: www.aftertheplayground.com
Family and lifestyle blog
Dr Sharon P.
Freelance Writer, Editor and Social Media Manager
Consistent quality, continue to work
very good content and quick.
Dr Sharon P.
Great client, prompt payment.
Knowledgeable writer with the robust delivery
No result found
Excellent as always, many thanks Sharon.
Great article and great communication :)
Sharon did an outstanding job in proofreading and correcting our research paper. Very quick and thorough with great attention to detail. Thank you very much Sharon, we hope to work with you again!!!
Very good job. I got a 2:1 mark. Thanks to Sharon.
Dr Sharon P.
Very much enjoyed working with Thiago, he is a considerate and polite client who pays promptly. I wish him the best with his studies.
Sharon has provided me with invaluable insights and focus on my work – thank you so much. It was my pleasure to consult such a professional.
Dr Sharon P.
Thank you Ria for your kind words and prompt payment. Good luck with your research into this interesting subject
Brilliant work from Sharon as always.
Excellent stuff as always - highly recommended
Fantastic article writing, very responsive to needs. Highly recommended.