- City of Westminster, GB
- £20 /hr
- Available now
I have 15 + years working in Technical/Scientific Publishing at all levels. Creative Features writing portfolio includes Book Reviews and Humour for 'PUNCH' magazinemore...I have 15 + years working in Technical/Scientific Publishing at all levels. Creative Features writing portfolio includes Book Reviews and Humour for 'PUNCH' magazine and 'New Scientist. Translation of Italian and French Technical/Scientific articles to English. Highly reliable with realistic deadlines for copy turnaround, I can return completed assignments in a range of formats according to your requirements.
Area Covered: Global via FTP or Email.
Company Name: DeChema.de and others on a Freelance basis
Work Experience Summary: I can offer:
• Current experience of Web-based Research/Editorial/Abstracting/Writing & RE-Writing in Scientific/Technical domain for Dechema. De in Frankfurt, who’s databases and portals focus on Green science. Excellent organisational and project management skills. USA/Canadian to idiomatic UK English re-writes a speciality
• IT Diploma, with skills across most Audio and DTP software packages: particular proficiency in Microsoft Office/Adobe InCopy/OpenOffice/HTML use Altova HTML Editing software, and am sufficiently IT literate to import any additional packages required for compatability purposes
• A reliable Broadband connection with back-up facilities
• PhD BioPhysics: Research Experience in Haematology/Oncology/Fluid Dynamics: limited Endocrinology experience, largely the role of signalling molecules at a cellular level.
• Writing/Editorial experience; previous credits including Science Book Reviews and Features Writing for pre-Fayed 'PUNCH'/Writing for Medical/Life Sciences/Engineering/Physical Sciences Abstracts Service/ Technical Copy Editing/Proof Reading & Indexing
Education Summary: RSA Typewriting Stage I Pass (1 & 2): 1976
A Level English B
A Level Chemistry C
A Level Physics A
A Level Biology B
A/S Level Biology Pass
Degree AKC (Associate of King's College, London): Degree in Ethics Elected by the AKC Committee 1985 (on which I now serve)
PhD Biophysics (London University) 1996
NVQ NVQ in Information Technology 1993/4
NVQ NVQ in Business Administration 1993/4
Degree BSc Physics Joint Honours Physics
& Biophysics 2:1 (Joint Honours): 1985
Certificates Foundation Course in Quark XPress and CorelDraw (Part of NVQ Certification)
Online Tutorial Courses in Adobe InText and Adobe
In Design CS4 (APEX WebMedia.com)
Dr J T L.