- Amersham, GB
- £20 /hr
- Available now
All profesional services & skills gained in a range of commercial business environments from start-ups to mutlinational corporates. I am now looking to maximise my time withmore...All profesional services & skills gained in a range of commercial business environments from start-ups to mutlinational corporates. I am now looking to maximise my time with family and therefore provide my services on a full-time, freelance basis.
My rates will vary according to skills and timescales, on a project by project basis.
My core skills are copy/creative writing. I first started my internet career in 2000 as a Content Writer for a consumer retail website and have developed skills in all internet areas since. Prior to this I wrote Marketing copy for offline Professional Services organsiations, from advertising copy to Marketing brochures and presentations
Along the way I have also developed skills in business management, strategy planning, man-management and motivation and personal development/motivation.
- Marketing Copy (Online, Search Engines, Print, Advertorials, Emails & Direct Mail, B2B Marketing Brochures)
- Travel Copy - wrote copy for over 150 destination and resorts, worldwide for the The Holiday Place (theholidayplace.com) & ebookers.com
- Website Content Writing/Editing - Travel Destination descriptions & features, banner ad copy, Marketing copy (Acquisition & Retention, product descriptions, Help/Service copy (ebookers.com, o2.co.uk, t-mobile.co.uk, BT.com)
- Feature writing (wrote articles for Ideal Home Show and other property related subjects for property website wheretolive.co.uk)
- Email/DM copy - writing and editing - O2, Ebookers, T-Mobile, The Holiday Place, WhereToLive
Ecommerce Specialist -
Over 8 years' experience on high profile and high traffic transactional ecommerce sites as well as start-up businesses. I have had operational responsibility for all customer-facing elements of the web presence (Production - Design/Development, Content, User Experience, Marketing & Sales), all with the core objective of increasing traffic, online sales & conversion rates.
Sites managed include: wheretolive.co.uk, ebookers.com, theholidayplace.com, o2.co.uk, t-mobile.co.uk, bt.com, edfenergy.com, savetodaysavetomorrow.com.
Ecommerce services include:
- Mystery Shopping (a review of your website purchasing process, with a report outlining issues as well as detailed, prioritised actions to be taken to maximise web sales)
- Website Reviews (a review of your website, covering information architecture, linking, content, customer experience, customer service/help, functionality - resulting in a report of your website with recommendations for improvement of the full online experience)
- Online e-Marketing review & recommendations
- Online Strategy Review & Recommendations - delivered web strategy recommendations at O2, T-Mobile and EDF Energy, covering website experience, internal web team governance, structure & processes, technology & e-marketing
Other Business Skills
Personal Development and Motivation Planning
Area Covered: UK & Ireland
Work Experience Summary: 6 years service sector business development experience (taught much of what I know by James Caan, from BBC's Dragon's Den)
9 years internet business experience
15 years copy/content writing and editing experience
CopyWriter, Feature Writer, Content Writer, Ecommerce specialist, Photographer