- Taupo, NZ
- £40 /hr
- Available now
I just love every new challenge in designing, developing, testing and implementing custom-made Microsoft Access Database Applications for small to medium businesses. Every businessmore...I just love every new challenge in designing, developing, testing and implementing custom-made Microsoft Access Database Applications for small to medium businesses. Every business is different and it is exciting to create software that truly reduces manual work, automates everyday processes and represents one central data repository with the efficiencies this creates.
There are several aspects that I believe are very important.
Firstly, the requirements must be well thought through to ensure the database design will support delivery of the requirements. I can help you \'nail\' what you actually want with the benefit of understanding what MS Access is capable of and applying it to your business situation.
There will be lots of communication so you will be able to choose the look and feel that you want, and know at all times how your database is progressing. Unless your database is very complicated, you should expect the finished product within a month.
The finished product must be very user friendly, a pleasure to use, with no surprises. Menu-driven, with a click of the mouse the user goes to where he or she wants to be - viewing client details, choosing a report, finding information, emailing a client etc etc. Your application will deliver all the functionality detailed in your requirements.
Along with your database solution comes a comprehensive user manual to help new users.
Over the last 20 years, I have created many database solutions. Let me give you a few examples:
- a database application to manage an English Language Schools students, homestays, results, activities and agents
- a database application to manage a company share register
- a database application which allows for entry of advertisements and then exports these in a format suitable for import into InDesign for publication in a magazine
- a database application to manage home staging (the hiring out of furniture to people wanting to dress up their houses for the market), holding information and reporting on clients, contracts, agents, consultants
- a database application for a labor hire business to track laborers, the sites and companies they are working for, the ratings they are given by companies, hours worked, with an export facility to import workers hours into ACE Payroll
- a database application tracking properties and investors, and finding matching investors for suitable investments
- a database application made for an Investigation Company to track the screening process of staff for employers
I would love to design and create a database for you, or even just add another report or function to your existing database. I generally am quite happy to telecommute - that is, work from my office and use email, skype and phone to communicate with you.
I also offer data manipulation services - if you have a spreadsheet with several rows that need to be combined into one row; if you have messy data that you need cleansed; if you would like calculations put into your spreadsheet or color changes in cells depending on the contents, I am the one for you!
Thanks and I look forward to working with you.
Area Covered: Anywhere on the Planet
Work Experience Summary: I began my career as a computer programmer. I have worked as a data analyst and also as a business analyst for government in Wellington, NZ.
I very much enjoy designing, developing, testing and implementing custom made database applications as described above.
Education Summary: Bachelors Degree, double major in Computer Science and Mathematics
Diploma in Information Science (Information Systems)
ATCL (Trinity College of Music, London)
MS Access Solution Developer