- Bristol, GB
- £7 /hr
- Available now
Working as a PA, office admin and accounts support manager to a journalist
Having a lively sense of humour and being able to get along with people at all levels, I'm easy and fun to work with. I'm equally happy working as a team leader or teammore...Having a lively sense of humour and being able to get along with people at all levels, I'm easy and fun to work with. I'm equally happy working as a team leader or team player, as I am working on my own, as I am highly self motivated and dedicated. I give and expect total loyalty and commitment to any project, however small or large.
Born in London, I've also lived and been educated in Canada (Toronto and Montreal), Venezuela, Oxford and Manchester. I love travel, photography, reading, cooking, camping, music and spending time with friends.
Area Covered: Southern England
Work Experience Summary: Career History
Nov 2000-Present, Business and Accounts Administrator, Strategy and Technology Ltd (S&T)
An independent specialist company providing interactive TV technologies that help broadcasters improve their businesses.
• Leading the Finance and Administration team, reporting directly to the Finance Director in relation to Bristol and London offices, and overseas interests.
• Maintaining company accounting systems, monthly accounting data and management information reports for the Board on 3 S&T companies, and supporting preparation of end of year accounts.
• Handling VAT inspections and returns, payroll, insurances asset tracking and cashflow reporting.
• Instrumental role in the setting up of S&T’s US subsidiary, including the co-ordination of legal processes in compliance with US regulations, setting up payroll and pension arrangements, tax compliance and premises
• Assisting in the process of preparing the company for sale in this dynamic and fast-growing market.
• Setting up US subsidiary operations within 1 week, the branch now generates revenue of over $50,000,000.
• Playing a key role in supporting company growth from small entrepreneurial beginnings, rapidly learning and applying additional knowledge in areas such as royalty declarations, with-holding tax agreements and calculations, and salary sacrifice schemes. The company won the Queen’s Award for Enterprise in 2010, and is now a market leader in some sectors.
1988-2000, Full time Parent
1987-1988, Olivetti, Special Projects Manager
Group Planning Analyst
Electronics Gases Acting Manager
Export Sales Manager
Have included a year within the Citizen’s Advice Bureau as an Adviser covering issues including housing, benefits, debt and employment, and teaching assistant in a local primary school.
Education Summary: 1999, RSA CLAIT level 3 and IBT2
Manchester Business School
1978-1981, BA Hons Geography
1977-1978, Liberal Arts
1971-1977, High School Grades
McGill University, Montreal
Havergal College, Toronto
Admin and Accounts