- Gloucester, GB
- £7 /hr
- Available now
• I have 20+ years consumate experience in PR and Journalism for both large corporates and small SMEs providing creative, hands-on marketing oriented support. I like to work asmore...• I have 20+ years consumate experience in PR and Journalism for both large corporates and small SMEs providing creative, hands-on marketing oriented support. I like to work as part of the client's organisation irrespective how large or small.
• Creative and technical communications, B2B PR, employee and customer communications, social media exploitation, generating column inches and online coverage. Skills lean towards technical, industrial (all sectors), publishing and B2B.
• I have edited an international magazine and written for national press.
• Feature writing, news releases, persuasive and succinct web content, digital newsletters, efficient email marketing, reports, brochures. I have written just about every kind of published material including creative, selling, advertising copy.
• I can work as an individual on assignments or bring associates on board – in particular a brilliant
web design company, Aurora Media and an advisor on sustainability, climate change and 'green workplace' issues.
• I am also a published author with my own publishing company and a former musician.
I trade as DCPR. My website is www (dot) dc-pr (dot) com.
Area Covered: Based in Gloucestershire but will work anywhere
Company Name: DCPR
Industry: Public Relations
Work Experience Summary: My first entry into PR came with the north sea gas conversion programme in London and the home counties. This was probably the most extensive and all-encompassing public information event since the UK went decimal. Every one-parent family without gas was a human interest story. Every gas explosion was front page news. I worked in the press office dealing with audiences as diverse as Buckingham Palace, Parliament, non-resident landlords, ethnic minorities and multifarious pressure groups.
I wrote news stories by the bucket load, handled thousands of press enquiries, wrote articles for national and local press, organised interviews, ran cookery demonstrations, set up radio and TV events, handled complaints and was involved with every interaction between the gas industry and its diverse audiences each with their own agenda.
When the conversion programme finished I joined a succession of PR and advertising agencies and worked for clients as diverse as Union Carbide, Saab Cars, Fabergé, TI Group, Pitney Bowes, Brooke Bond Foods (launched Red Mountain Coffee) and many, many others. I rose to director level in several agencies.
Later, I formed my own consultancy handling a real ale brewery, a further education college, many small SMEs, a performance coach, a security company, the UK Research Councils where I produced newsletters and ran campaigns for Processing, IT, Electronics, Engineering and Production as a bridge between academia and industry. I contributed to technology and industry pages for many national newspapers.
In addition, for 12 years I edited 'Converter' - an international magazine covering converting, packaging, printing and allied industrial sectors writing on business, technology, sustainability and environment and European issues.
Writer, PR consultant, marketing consultant, journalist, blogger