- Winchester, GB
- £7 /hr
- Available now
In 2011 I decided to set up as a freelance roof truss designer working solely for myself. I offer my design and detailing services to truss manufacturers, design and build, engineersmore...In 2011 I decided to set up as a freelance roof truss designer working solely for myself. I offer my design and detailing services to truss manufacturers, design and build, engineers and self builders companies within the UK.
My knowledge and expertise has tremendously grown over the past few years from working at a leading timber frame company which was a benchmark in design and timber engineering, working on anything from small housing to large complex buildings. I like to work closely with my clients, to ensure my design accompany their exact needs, at the most cost effective price for them.
DW Roof Design follows BS5268 standards and take the up most pride in their work. All design work in the office is orientated around making it a fast efficient process on site, resulting in a hassle and problem free procedure. I do have Professional Indemnity insurance of up to the sum of one million pounds.
Area Covered: United Kingdom
Company Name: DW Roof Design
Job Title: Project Designer (Roof Truss)
Description: - To provide accurate, complete and timely required manufacturing & construction information for issue to all internal and external recipients.
- Correct interpretation and accurate application of Architectural and Structural Engineering information as the basis for the design of joists and roof trusses.
- Correct application of NHBC/Zurich warranty requirements.
- The timely resolution of Technical and Architectural queries in order to progress design
- Problem solving before, during and after erection of roof structure.
- Preparation of accurate manufacturing and erection drawings for the construction of roofs over timber frame buildings to set dead-lines.
- Preparation of data, electronic and paper for factory / sub contractors to carry out cutting and manufacture of trusses.
- To always work by the most cost effective way, to help maximise profit for the company.
- Making sure that all designs comply with current building regulations and health and safety procedures.
Job Title: Roof Truss and Posi- Joist Designer
Company: DW Roof Design
Description: DW Roof Design offers the following design and detailing services.
- Traditional & trussed roof layouts
- Full engineering of timber roof and posi-joist components
- Sections and instructions detailed on the drawings as guidance for erection of the roof
- Spandrel panels
- Timber engineering connectors
Degree: National Diploma - Construction
Field of Study: Construction
University / College: Preston College
Roof Truss Designer