- Gosport, GB
- £20 /hr
- Available now
I am a professional freelance journalist/content producer with over four years of experience in online and print publishing.
My previous clients include Time Out and Stuff.tvmore...I am a professional freelance journalist/content producer with over four years of experience in online and print publishing.
My previous clients include Time Out and Stuff.tv and I am skilled at writing for a variety of audiences.
Whether it\'s journalism, content production, blogging, sub-editing, proofreading, editing, copy-writing, research or social media related posting, I have the right skills to successfully adapt to any editorial position.
Area Covered: All of the UK
Work Experience Summary: February 2009 • Present
Freelance Writer, Editor and Proof-reader
Time Out • leading publisher of global travel guides.
• Wrote features for Time Out Guide to Accra.
• Proofread the entire guide, adhering to Time Out’s house style.
• Tested recipes and photographed food for the guide.
Bowlegs • music review website
• Co-founded and edits this increasingly popular music review website.
• Writes reviews, news and features.
• Organises and conducts interviews with internationally renowned artists.
• Successfully delivers online communications strategies.
• Proposal writing.
• Forges partnerships with outside agencies, continually builds up contacts and proactively networks.
• Manages all social networking pages.
• Analyses statistics and generates reports.
• Proofreads and subedits all content.
My Brighton and Hove • multi award winning living history website
• Edits, proofreads and writes content for the tenth anniversary tour section of the website.
Pulp Press: Edited and proofread My Bloody Alibi’.
QueenSpark Publishers: Proofread Back Row Brighton’.
Austin and Macauley: Proofread, copy-edited and press release writing for Zoolie Zair and the Cosmic Beast’, Upwards’, and The Third Force’.
Compendium: Proofread An Illustrated History of the New York Giants’ for a North American audience.
January 2008 • June 2010
Deputy Editor of East Magazine and eastmagazine.co.uk
East Media • A communications company and independent publisher
• Edited monthly events and entertainment magazine with a readership of over 75,000, with responsibility for final sign-off.
• Sourced, researched and wrote over ninety percent, writing features, news, previews, headlines, reviews, columns, listings, advertorials and captions.
• Sub-edited and proofread all content for the magazine and website.
• Secured exclusive interviews with national, and regional, musicians, artists, comedians and politicians.
• Wrote content for and managed the website. Fundamental in developing the website, creating blogs and various interactive elements. Manipulated images and worked with video content.
• Analysed web statistics using Google Analytics and site specific stat sheet.
• Managed and trained staff, including editorial assistants.
• Commissioned and supervised contributors, illustrators, photographers and designers.
• Responsible for writing briefs for freelancers.
• Built up a vast network of contacts on a national and regional level.
• Worked with industry recognised desktop publishing tools including InDesign, Quark and Photoshop.
• Proactively managed social networking sites.
• Proofread content for iPhone and Android applications, and tested beta versions of these products.
• Organised and marketed competitions and events.
October 2006 • December 2007
Freelance Editorial Assistant/Writer/Sub-Editor
What Hi-fi? Sound and Vision, Stuff Magazine, Stuff.tv • two of the leading technology magazines on the market
• Tested products and wrote reviews for print and online.
• Sub-edited and proofread contributors’ reviews, turning technical information into concise, relevant and entertaining copy.
• Integral to the re-launch of Stuff.tv by populating the site with content, manipulating images and writing tags and metadata.
• Coordinated photo shoots.
• Managed all review stock.
• First point of contact for press and outside agencies.
Education Summary: Plain English Campaign - Online course in design
City College Brighton and Hove - NCTJ in Magazine Journalism
City College Brighton and Hove - OCN in Video Production
Middlesex University - BA (Hons) English Literature with Media and Cultural Studies