- Reading, GB
- £25 /hr
- Available now
My name is Danni. I am originally from Shanghai China.
As a translator, I have worked with advertising companies on media projects, and I was responsible for interpreting duringmore...My name is Danni. I am originally from Shanghai China.
As a translator, I have worked with advertising companies on media projects, and I was responsible for interpreting during meetings when I was working in foreign firms in Shanghai.
I used to teach Chinese to foreign students as well as teaching English to Chinese children back home. At the start of my teaching career, I taught English to 3 classes (15 students per class). After 2 years of giving lessons to 10 to 14-year-old children, I began taking lessons of Chinese tutoring. I have taught 5 students (both adults and children) so far and all of them has achieved what they aimed for.
Area Covered: Reading, Basingstoke
Work Experience Summary: Oct 2005 • Jul 2008
Shanghai Ladder Enhancement School, Caobao Road, Shanghai
• I teach spoken and written English to five separate classes of students ranging from the ages of six to seventeen, with varying levels of proficiency • some at SBS 4 level
• These students have varying levels of competence and command of the English language
• Further developed my leadership, organisation, language and computer skills
Shanghai Film Studio, Caoxi North Road, Shanghai
• Assisted with the communication between the director and actors of an advertisement
• Helped them to express direction and opinion to ensure that they could make a successful movie
• Filming finished before the scheduled time, partly due to my assistance with the communication
June 2005 • November 2006
• I taught spoken Mandarin to non-native speakers of varying nationalities and with varying levels of competence
Education Summary: 2004 • 2008 BA Public Administration, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Translator, Language Teacher, Interpreter