- London, GB
- £7 /hr
- Available now
International Events Experience
• I managed the Barbados Challenge event whilst working at CSSC. Consisting of 16 UK based pre events, an awards dinner, then 2 weeks in Barbadosmore...International Events Experience
• I managed the Barbados Challenge event whilst working at CSSC. Consisting of 16 UK based pre events, an awards dinner, then 2 weeks in Barbados managing sporting events, awards dinners and group excursions. I managed all the logistics for the events and done all the hotel and flight bookings for over 200 guests. I was in charge of all the onsite events controls including carrying out all the risk assessments and being the first point of contact to all the organisers and the guests. I received recognition from the Barbados tourism board and Virgin Atlantic for my efforts.
• I worked as part of the planning and coordination team for the Nigerian 50th independence celebrations in Abuja, Nigeria. I helped with security logistics and the after parties for all the delegates, as well as managed an Independence Gala Dinner for the Young Media Industry in Nigeria. I received a personal visit from the President of Nigeria “Goodluck Jonathon” to congratulate me on the success of my events.
Negotiation, Business Development, Marketing, Events, funding proposals, Pitman Trained, Branding, Social Network marketing, Travel booking, Group Administration
Area Covered: LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM
Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism
Job Title: Owner
Company: Urban Suitcase
Description: Urban Suitcase was set up in 2009 to provide leisure breaks and holidays to the Young Urbanite (20-35 year old young professionals who are working their way up the career ladder, the millionaires of the future).
We aim to provide holidays where the young urbanite would be comfortable, the middle ground between a cultural and party holiday, easing them into a setting where they are globally networking.
Introducing a world of quality hotels, exciting nights out, historic destinations from a modern point of view and fun excursions to break up the day.
We are here to help the Young Urbanite navigate the world of travel, we understand that in the world of deadlines and corporate meetings time is not an option, but holidays are a necessary luxury.
Job Title: Field Marketing Coordinator
Company: Will Writing Service London
Description: WSL – LTD is the second largest will writing company in the united kingdom based in Brentford south west London. They write over 200 wills a week and run over 75 week long promotional events a year.
• Liaising and networking with customers, colleagues, suppliers venues
• Hiring and training promotions staff
• Organising and maintaining Operations Directors Diary
• Evaluating marketing campaigns
• Managing a team of promotional agents
• Planning and overseeing yearly program of promotional events
• Target setting and reviewing
• Screening and making calls for the Operations Director
• Contributing to and developing marketing plans and strategies
• Booking venues and logistics management for promotions
Job Title: Events and Business Development Manager
Company: Shining Heroes Clothing Ltd
Description: •Arranging and coordinating fashion shows, photo shoots and other publicity events.
•Working with Rising Tides on sponsored events within the O2.
•Maintaining communication networks amongst multi agencies i.e sales directors, promoters, event managers & retail outlets
•Maximising profitability by maintaining low operational costs
•Devising the Marketing strategy in order to maximise the company"s growth and visibility
•Creating press releases and maintaining the company"s social network presence
•Monitoring competitor activity
•Representing the company at meetings with investors, sponsors and celebrity cliental
Job Title: Events and Volunteers Coordinator
Company: CSSC London
Description: CSSC London is the London office of the Civil Service Sports Council; they are the largest corporate health and fitness provider within the UK. With over 28,000 members within the m25 alone the operations to govern the region stand separate from the rest of the company. As the Events, Marketing and Volunteer coordinator my role included:
• Organising regional and national conferences and meetings
• Communicating with target audiences and managing customer relationships
• Maintaining and updating customer databases.
• Developing and coordinating a large program of sporting and leisure events
• Organising international events across the Caribbean and Europe
• Creating and implementing regional marketing strategy
• Designing marketing materials for events
• Reviewing and updating regional website, Social Network Marketing, and creating monthly newsletter
• Managing a roster of permanent volunteers to ensure adequate resources were available at all events
Job Title: Sports officer - Student union
Company: University of Bedfordshire
Description: •Managed each teams game schedule including arraigning transportation and post match hospitality
•Sourced a £30,000 sponsorship for all the sports teams, including team benefits and kits
•Managed Annual Sports Award Dinner, including nominations evening and voting days
•Arranged all the sports tours for the teams including the annual competition to Spain
•Controlled £40,000 cross campus sports budget
Degree: Executive PA Diploma
University / College: Pitman Training Centre
Degree: BA Hons
Field of Study: Sport Managment
University / College: University of Luton
Experienced Events & Marketing Coordinator with an extensive Administrative background. Owner of Urban Suitcase Travel