- Cheam, GB
- £7 /hr
- Available now
Damian Merciar is managing director of Merciar Business Consulting, merciar.com, a niche business economics consultancy founded in 1998.
He has twenty years experience in themore...Damian Merciar is managing director of Merciar Business Consulting, merciar.com, a niche business economics consultancy founded in 1998.
He has twenty years experience in the areas of commercial Business Strategy. He is experienced in the transition environments of nationalized to private sector state utilities and the senior practice of commercial management, advisorial consultancy, and implementation.
He has carried out policy advisory work for government ministries and been an adviser to institutional bodies proposing changes to government. He holds an MBA from the University of Kent at Canterbury (1993), attended the leading University in the Middle East, studying International Relations and Language (1992), for which he won a competitive international scholarship, and has a BA (Hons) in Economic History and Political Economy from the University of Portsmouth (1991). He is currently based in London.
Area Covered: Surrey, London, South East
Work Experience Summary: • Nineteen years as an independent and corporate Economics’ Management Consultant
• Identification and competitive tendering for a broad range of industrial sectors
• Business Planning in Third Generation Mobile Telecoms and Civil Infrastructure
• Financial and Budgetary control of projects
• Revenue identification / enhancement in low margin infrastructure projects
• Completed work in utility sector, both energy and network’ industries’ at strategic and operational levels
• Bid / Senior Project Management and appraisal of key commercial drivers
• Profit Management of commercial development and roll out project work
• Applied experience from business information and technology sector to Future Proofing’ advisorial work in small business sector
• Development of economics’ based audit guidelines in utilities sector
• Quality Assurance benchmarking
• Management of cross discipline teams.
Education Summary: MBA, Kent Business School, University of Kent, 1993
BA (Econ) Economics, Economic History, Portsmouth University, 1991
Won competitive international scholarship, key Middle Eastern University, 91