- Bristol, GB
- £7 /hr
- Available now
I have more than 10 years experience providing administrative support in various industries. Most recently I helped my partner to build up his own company and was mainly involvedmore...I have more than 10 years experience providing administrative support in various industries. Most recently I helped my partner to build up his own company and was mainly involved with logistics, financial administration and translation of product and marketing literature. Previously I worked in a college where I was supporting two external consultants who worked for the senior management. Seeing that they worked mainly from home it was essential to be an efficient communicator. During that time I also completed a Foundation Degree in Business Management.
Now I want to build up a business for myself.
Area Covered: Translation, logistics, financial and general administration
Work Experience Summary: 09/2009 – 03/2011, Company Secretary, Suka Heating and Control Systems Ltd.(working partly from home)
- Logistics, ordering and importing goods (mainly from Germany), organising dispatch of goods to customers. Liaising with haulage companies and delivery services on a daily basis
- Financial administration, among other things invoicing, preparing accounts to send to accountant
- Translation of (technical) information, update of marketing literature as required
- Work on website database, product information update
05/2006 – 07/2009, Administrative Assistant to Senior Management Team, Plymouth College of Art
- Administration of a broad range of events, e.g. Learning and Teaching Conference, Student Workshop, Employment Seminars
- Development and publication of guidance documents
- Researching publications
- Networking with employees who worked from home to accomplish projects
10/2005 – 08/2006, Receptionist, The Salvation Army
- Responsible for the security of the building
- Undertaking some secretarial duties like updating payment records of the residents, writing weekly food and beverage orders etc.
- Managing sales of goods in the shop and reorder of inventory
- Receiving and recording weekly cash rent payments from the residents.
11/2000 – 05/2005, Receptionist/ Public Relations Assistant,
HSG Security & Services GmbH
Provision of key reception duties like telephone switch board handling, conference room services and basic administration services for key customers of the company: an Investment Bank and an Advertising Agency, both based in Frankfurt (Germany).
Summary: Since I completed my A-levels I have always been working whilst doing distance studies. This has encouraged me to build my time management skills and focus on the given task and its accurate execution.
Before I did the Foundation Degree in Business Management, I studied with a German Distance University Modern German Literature, Psychology and History.
Degree: Foundation Degree
Field of Study: Business Management
University / College: City College Plymouth