- Middlesex, GB
- £30 /hr
- Available now
Data Migration Consultant, 15 Years experience:
Responsible for implementing data migration strategy to migrate client’s legacy data systems to Oracle based database managementmore...Data Migration Consultant, 15 Years experience:
Responsible for implementing data migration strategy to migrate client’s legacy data systems to Oracle based database management systems.
• Developing data maps and data migration specifications and advising Project Managers on timelines, data cleansing, processes and merging techniques used.
• Business analysis and work-flow understanding of client and Target systems, together with excellent client facing skills.
• Develop and write Oracle PL/SQL SQL scripts and batch routines to migrate data according to strategy and scope of DM project.
• Experienced in identifying integration issues and developing solutions including data reconciliation and migrating data from a number of disparate sources to single oracle database environment.
Area Covered: London area or anywhere remotely
Work Experience Summary:
• PL/SQL Developer and SQL Plus: Programming environments for developing procedural scripts for Oracle Databases. Development of cursors, procedures, functions and scripts for migrating legacy broadcasting data into IBMS, a sales and content Oracle based broadcast management system. Scripts developed in GUI and executed usually via batch in SQL Plus.
• SQL 7, 2000 Administration, deployment and development.
• Developed in-house content delivery system (Programme Manager .Net) which manages schedules, library and configuration of EPG, Internet and OpenTV services. System uses XML, SQL server and delivers to EIT Manager, Internet Servers and 3rd party services which use our schedule data (cable company’s magazines etc) via automated FTP. Used by 6 full time users within Showtime.
• Crystal Reports Enterprise Web-based system for reporting, analysis, data distribution and project development.
• Visual Basic.NET programming and project development.
• Tandberg Multiplexer, Mux 7050, Encoders and receivers, MMC.
• Tandberg network monitoring system, PSI / SI Manager, configuration.
• Harmonics Mux, Decoders, Statistical Multiplex, service information building.
• EIT Manager, EIT Builder, EIT Administrator. (Digital service stream data)
• Channel Management systems BOSS / IBMS/ BMS/ Perspective, Liaising closely with vendors and users to ensure product meets requirements.
• Set-top box software testing, flash-loading and evaluation including interactive middleware.
• All Microsoft Office products including MS Access.
Key involvement in migration and relocation of London operations (where I worked for 10 years) to Dubai, UAE were I was relocated for 6 months during this rollout. Entire operations were moved and I was responsible for assisting in the migration of legacy broadcast system (BOSS) to MSA Focus broadcast management system and Programme Manager, our in-house .NET platform content delivery system. Together with project members, we ensured a seamless transition to new broadcast management and delivery systems and have an uninterrupted transmission service to our client base in the Middle East and North Africa. I worked closely with our new vendors and suppliers during implementation of new broadcasting hardware and channel management system.
Education Summary: Microsoft Certified Official Curriculum SQL 2000 (2003) Systems Administration, Tandberg SAS Stand Alone Scrambling System Administration (2002), Hoofdoorp, Holland, OpenAuthor Development (2001) , Paris, France.
Database conversion / dba SQL Oracle programmer