- London, GB
- £7 /hr
- Available now
Research professional, expert in managing clientside research and insight with blue chip background, including qualitative and quantitative, desk, international and UK research.
Experiencedmore...Research professional, expert in managing clientside research and insight with blue chip background, including qualitative and quantitative, desk, international and UK research.
* Team and people management: planning and prioritising work across the team, creating capability grids and planning development/progression, feedback and performance management.
* Managing and planning budgets.
* Pitching work and contract negotiation, procurement processes.
* Setup to completion of a wide range of research/analysis projects (qual/quant, segmentation, conjoint, innovation workshops, ...).
* Consultant approach to internal client relationships; an ongoing partner looking at the issues, not an ad-hoc data provider.
* Working across different sectors in addition to travel (pharma, healthcare, fmcg, retail, financial, automotive etc.)
* Presenting to large and small groups including senior management (Board level).
* Strong background in Branding and Communications research.
* Familiarity with reputation, satisfaction, web/online, proposition, NPD, employee research programs.
* Management of multiple suppliers, working at a strategic level with key suppliers and managing performance when necessary.
Area Covered: London/home counties
Work Experience Summary: British Airways, 2001-2009, Cilentside Research Manager
Specific major projects managed:
- A creative/innovation research program, including a competitive pitch process, to develop a coherent global \"Leisure\" strategy for British Airways. (Qual workshops, international)
- Creative development qualitative testing for an international launch campaign to support the opening of Heathrow Terminal 5. (Qual groups, international)
- Brand and Communications tracking study. (Online/F2F quant, 15 countries, mix of continuous/dips of research)
- Options for a new partnership card for BA Executive Club members. (Qual groups, UK)
- Explored the reputation of British Airways among key stakeholders such as media, financial analysts, MPs/MEPs, local government and community around Heathrow, major corporates, etc. (Qual depths/groups, UK)
- Optimising ba.com to increase purchase of holidays and ancillaries in addition to flights through better understanding of leisure travellers\'s needs and behaviour. (Qual groups, UK)
- measurement of London 2010 Olympics sponsorship impact, including incorporating ongoing measures into the continuous brand tracking. (Online Quant, UK)
In 2009, as a response to external economic events, there was an opportunity to accept a voluntary severance package and Colin left British Airways in August of that year.
Education Summary: Professional affiliation Member of the Market Research Society since 1996
University education Studied 4 year (sandwich) joint honours degree in Electrical and Mechanical Engineering at University of Aston in Birmingham
Secondary education 8 \'O\' levels and 4 \'A\' levels
Expert in managing clientside research and insight