- Woking, GB
- £10 /hr
- Available now
- Practical experience in a variety of areas including business support, marketing, IT, brand, product and project management working with both local and international territories.
- Excellentmore...- Practical experience in a variety of areas including business support, marketing, IT, brand, product and project management working with both local and international territories.
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate and interact well with others through all media and at all levels of business.
- Extensive IT and office skills including advanced knowledge of the entire Microsoft Office suite and various bespoke software packages.
- Hard working, driven, self-motivated, well-organised and reliable.
- 2:1 Degree in Business Information Systems, including a 1st for university 3rd year project.
Area Covered: Surrey, London
Work Experience Summary: Marketing Manager • Third Party Retail Channels (September 2006 • Present)
- Relationship Management: Managing, developing and maintaining the marketing relationships with all 150+ retailed channels and their networks (both local and international) including Viacom, Fox, Disney, NBC Universal and Virgin Media.
- Advising commercial relationship department, consulting on contract renegotiations, channel launches, upholding contractual obligations from a marketing perspective.
- Managing and overseeing the spending of the third party joint marketing budgets (£500k - £1.1m).
- Facilitating and managing partnerships between Sky and channels on relevant campaigns, products and events (e.g. MTV European Music Awards, MTV Branded Sky Multiroom Box, Nickelodeon’s Kid’s Choice Awards).
- Central point of contact for all of Sky’s internal marketing and communication departments (e.g. Sky brand team, SkyMag, PR, online, sky.com, Sky Business, retail, direct marketing, Sky loyalty etc.) to advise on upcoming content across all channels, provide strategic recommendation for content use and facilitate partnership opportunities.
- Utilisation of Sky’s marketing communication channels to promote and support existing marketing campaigns or content pushes from the third party retailed channels.
- Managing marketing executive whose remit included acquisition of all content and assets as well as approvals for all Sky creative including third party programming.
European Assistant Brand Manager - Japanese Studios (August 2004 • September 2006)
- Brand managed selection of titles, assuming responsibility for:
o Marketing strategy and direction for all territories outside of North America and Japan.
o Complete knowledge and communication of product information, assets and competitors.
o Central European budget planning and management
o Creative direction, briefing and overseeing all packaging, advertising, POS, promotional videos, microsites and merchandise, both with internal and external design agencies.
o Ensuring delivery of quality, approved assets within appropriate timelines.
o Territory liaison • ensuring all territory requirements are met and approvals gained.
o Manage working relationship and approvals with all developers and SEGA offices.
- Collaboration with the Northern American and Japanese offices on product launches and marketing strategies.
- Assistant brand manager to Triple A’ titles.
- Regular executive, territory and global level presentations on product strategy and performance.
- Driving and implementing new processes to improve the marketing department.
- Many varied miscellaneous tasks (including central age rating information contact, product post mortems, advising on extranet system development etc.)
Product Manager for External and Core Product (February 2004 • August 2004)
- Part of team responsible for marketing strategy and communications of all external and core products.
- Central communications link between Marketing/PR and the other Departments, PAN European Territories and developers.
- Complete knowledge of products, assets and competitors, communication to other departments and territories and application through marketing strategies.
- Marketing asset management
o Creative lead and quality control for all external and core marketing and PR assets.
o Responsible for the scheduling of marketing requirements (up to 18 months in advance) as well as maintenance and enforcement of these schedules.
o Obtaining, approving, tracking and distribution of assets to all territories.
o Video asset management and development.
- Driving and implementing new processes to improve the marketing department as well as inter-departmental communications and relations.
- Many varied miscellaneous tasks (including age ratings, product post mortems, studio / development interviews for PR etc.)
Entertainment Internet Marketing Liaison Officer (October 2003 • February 2004)
Responsible for the online community marketing of Codemasters’ entertainment products (Pop Idol, American Idol, German Superstar, MTV) including working from the New York office for a short time in order to best market the American Idol title.
- Managing the online community budget for each entertainment product.
- Acquiring valuable coverage on the widest range of relevant websites / community forums through
o Establishing and maintaining good working relationships with webmasters.
o Sourcing marketable merchandise for use in online competitions.
- Copy writing for weekly newsletters and community communications
- Journalistic style news reporting to produce news articles of interest to the online community.
- Production of management reports.
Recording Studio Manager (February 2003 • October 2003)
Studio manager also responsible for a range of duties including marketing, market research and corporate image development.
Part-time Database / IT consultant and administrator (November 2002 • October 2003)
Business Analysis for the construction of a custom database for Nipperbout Active Childcare.
Systems Analyst responsible for special projects (October 2000 • September 2001)
Full-time during the work-experience year (third year) of degree.
Project Management, General IT user support (both hardware and software), network and server support, AS/400 Administration and staff training, in support of all Prism staff (approx 80-100 staff).
Freelance training Various clients both private and corporate
- Tutor and composer of documentation/training notes. Training in general computer skills, Windows and Microsoft Office, and more specialist areas.
Temporary placement staff New Appointments Group / Focus
(Summer 2002 / 2000, Easter 1999 and Summer 1998)
Varying positions and responsibilities including IT Consultant, administration, reception, secretarial and switchboard placements, positions ranging from 1 day to 3 months.
Education Summary: 2:1 in Business Information Systems from the University of East Anglia in Norwich • June 2002
Modules completed with full credit:
Marketing Organisational Behaviour Information Systems
Business and Company Law Human Resource Management Human Computer Interaction
Professional Practice and Project Database Systems Legacy Information Systems
Introduction to Business Statistics Financial Accounting Systems
Business Ethics Advanced Mathematics Management Accounting and Finance
Animation & Virtual Environments Systems Analysis C++ for Applications
Qualifications - All completed at Highsted Grammar School for Girls, Sittingbourne, Kent
- A-levels (1998) - B in Computing, C in Physics, C in Pure Mathematics and Statistics
- GCSE Results (1996) - Nine GCSEs, all A* - C Grade including Maths and English.
Virtual Administrator / Marketing Advisor