- Greenville, NC, US
- £7 /hr
- Available now
As a Certified Business Continuity Professional with 22+ years of IT experience, I specialize in delivering robust solutions that mitigate risk while lowering costs and increasingmore...As a Certified Business Continuity Professional with 22+ years of IT experience, I specialize in delivering robust solutions that mitigate risk while lowering costs and increasing overall efficiency.
Some of my more prominent accomplishments during my 10-year tenure at University Health Systems of Eastern Carolina include:
• Planned, implemented and managed sound business continuity and disaster recovery solutions for a $1.2B healthcare non-profit with 8 hospital systems, 300+ enterprise applications and 150+ desktop/office applications.
• Led and executed strategies encompassing program initiation, management, integration and compliance, change management, risk evaluation/control, business impact analysis, emergency response/operations, awareness/training, crisis communications, metrics, reporting, documentation and external agency coordination.
• Expanded IT DR to the corporate level to create a business continuity program focused not just on technology, but people, processes, supply chain management and other resources. Instituted program policies/procedures at the corporate and division level.
• Proposed, secured buy-in and negotiated resources for:
ï€ a redundant facility outside the primary data center
ï€ mobile data center/mobile office unit
ï€ multi-homing of core critical data networking equipment
ï€ program management software, and much more.
• Influential Emergency Management Committee member, improving data center evacuation, conducting fire pre-plans and developing incident response plan.
• Took over many management responsibilities in 2003, including staffing, performance evaluation, budgeting ($250K-350K) and contract management.
My business acumen, technical expertise and leadership qualities have all contributed to my career success. I serve on the Board of Directors of the Business Continuity Professionals of the Carolinas and previously held hands-on IT roles with Reynolds Metals Company and the Department of the Navy. Additionally, I can offer your company a positive, proactive management style, a passion for customer responsiveness and a relentless pursuit of excellence.
Area Covered: Continental United States - Remote Services
Job Title: Managing Member
Company: Lighthouse Continuity Partners, LLC
Description: Founded a startup, full-service business continuity and
disaster recovery consulting firm servicing clientele such
as schools, small businesses and private physicians.
Job Title: Disaster Recovey Coordinator
Company: University Health Systems of Eastern Carolina
Description: Drive implementation of business continuity and disaster
recovery strategies for this $1.2B healthcare non-profit
with 8 hospital systems (including a Level 1 Trauma Center),
300+ enterprise applications and 150+ desktop/office
applications. Work closely with CIO, IT Division
Administration and IT Division Management team to identify
needs, gain support and prioritize projects for testing,
documentation, technology and other requirements.
Hold direct accountability for program initiation,
management, integration and compliance, change management,
risk evaluation/control, business impact analysis, business
continuity strategies, exercises, audit and maintenance,
emergency response/operations, awareness/training, crisis
communications, metrics, vendor management, reporting,
documentation and external agency coordination (City
Fire/Emergency Medical Services walk-throughs and hurricane
preparedness with neighborhood associations).
Assumed control of core management responsibilities in 2003,
entailing staff hiring, coaching and evaluation, budgeting
($250K-$350K), cost control and contract management.
* Expanded IT DR to the corporate level to create a
business continuity program focused not just on technology,
but people, processes, supply chain management and other
* Developed and annually reviewed, updated and published
IT DR program policies and procedures at both the corporate
and division level; ensured compliance with all 5 HIPAA
Contingency Plan standard specifications.
* Enhanced awareness through innovative program
development, including training, email newsletters, bulletin
boards, contests, lobby displays and Website.
* As core member of Emergency Management Committee,
improved data center evacuation plan, conducted fire pre-
plans with city fire battalion walk-throughs, developed an
incident response plan and implemented automated
Job Title: Network Consultant
Company: Reynolds Metals Company
Description: Functioned as Chairman of IS Corporate Policies, Standards
and Procedures Committee for this $5.5B company while
providing network support to 2 divisions and VPN support for
all divisions (local, remote, international). Drove and led
IT projects in a Microsoft Windows and Banyan VINES
environment, with emphasis on increasing performance and
reliability while reducing costs.
* Drafted and obtained approval for all corporate IS
policies domestically and internationally, despite extensive
challenges with time zones, currency exchanges, language
barriers and measurement translations.
* Gained support from managers, directors and CIO as well
as customer managers, directors and VPs to implement process
improvement and cost cutting initiatives.
* Implemented solutions that saved $tens of thousands
monthly and kept systems operational 24/7/365, including
using frame relay vs. dedicated data circuits.
* Designed, built and implemented internal IS data
* Developed Banyan VINES to MS Windows conversion project
management template for departmental use.
* Increased system stability at international sites by
training staff over phone in backup and restore procedures.
Often reported to work at 3 A.M. for training sessions and
support for European and Asian locations.
Job Title: Computer Specialist
Company: United States Department of Defense
Description: Held multiple positions including computer operator, Help Desk, network project manager, and systems programmer. Most experience was with computer networking and local area network design/implementation. Supported multiple offices at MCAS Cherry Point.
Field of Study: CSCI
University / College: East Carolina University
Certified Business Continuity Professional