- Huddersfield, GB
- £7 /hr
- Available now
I am a professional translator and offer French-English translation services and solutions. Please see my profile at:
Area Covered:more...I am a professional translator and offer French-English translation services and solutions. Please see my profile at:
Area Covered: West Yorkshire (Huddersfield, Leeds, Bradford)
Work Experience Summary: Fluent in French spoken language. Have spoken and studied French since the age of 11.
Highly competent French-English translator offering competitive, but fair rates. 2 years translation experience.
Education Summary: 2006 • 2007 M.A. in Applied Translation Studies (French-English)
• Included four key translation projects using CAT tools such as Trados, Passolo, DéjÃ Vu and Omega-T.
• Also Project Manager of the CAT tool STAR Transit and the terminology tool STAR TermStar. Involved managing a team of eight translators with different language combinations, generating different source file types and then proofreading them.
• Member of the CLEANEVAL project (http://cleaneval.sigwac.org.uk/) at the University of Leeds from January to March 2007. Included preparation of 250+ French web pages for translation using Notepad ++.
• Member of the ecolore project (http://ecolore.leeds.ac.uk/) whose role was to translate 5 articles of 500 words without the aid of a dictionary.
• I possess a typewriting speed of 56 wpm.
• Translation rate • £60 per 1000 words. (0.06 GBP per word)
• Proofreading rate • £15 per 1000 words.
2007 Quality Assurance proof-reader for The Big Word, Leeds
• My responsibilities included thoroughly checking through the translated documents against the source text for accuracy and formatting issues. The subject was the American MTV awards, which were broadcasted in November 2007.
2007 • 2008 Online voluntary French-English translation work for cafebabel.com
A small selection of numerous online articles can be accessed below: http://www.cafebabel.com/en/article.asp?T=T&Id=13269
Additional voluntary translation work for charity organisations (including English-French translations) such as Peace Pilgrim DVDs and Translations for Progress
• Translating subtitles of an interview with a peace pilgrim for a 30-minute video clip (7,500 words). Feedback from the satisfied client:
• Translation of a Terms and Conditions of Use’ webpage (2,000 words).
Jan 2008 Professional member of the online translators’ database ProZ.com
• My professional profile can be found at the following address below: http://www.proz.com/profile/121886
I have already obtained KudoZ points by successfully answering questions for other translators through my translation knowledge and expertise, as well as translating for several private clients. I enjoy translating independently, yet equally enjoy sharing ideas and working in a group.
• I am also an approved member of the ITI (Institute of Translators & Interpreters).
French-English professional translator