- London, GB
- £35 /hr
- Available now
After many years of traveling with a camera, I settled in Antigua as the in house photographer at Sunsail Club Colonna. After quickly realizing the huge potential, I developedmore...After many years of traveling with a camera, I settled in Antigua as the in house photographer at Sunsail Club Colonna. After quickly realizing the huge potential, I developed it into a successful enterprise, employing a portrait photographer and sales assistant. During my time I covered a range of yachting regattas and sailing events to beach side weddings and informal family portraits. After four successful years, it was time to move on and establish myself in the UK.
Since my return, my commissions have varied enormously from GB U18 Athletes, to Weddings and a complete brochure for Wildwind Sailing Holidays in Greece.
With countless publications under my belt from Yachting World, Yachting monthly, PBO, Sunsail Ltd and Dingy Magazine, I am slowly getting recognized within the industry. A small but growing number of companies are also using my photos for advertising purposes.
I use the Canon 5D with a variety of L series lenses as my disposal. I also have an Elincrom Ranger quadro Pack for on location studio lighting gear.
My aim is to provide the very highest quality of photography at affordable prices. I take a relaxed informal approach whilst remaining totally professional and dedicated to my work.
Area Covered: UK
Company Name: Chris Morgan Photography
Summary: Employment and Commissions:
Wedding Commissions. June 2010 –Present
• All aspects of wedding photography from liaising with clients to final design of wedding book.
Commission for Wildwind Sailing Holidays. June - August 2010
• Developing ideas for the new 2011 brochure for both Wildwind and the Healthy Options programme
• Liaising with a Design Company and working to a set brief
• Organising staged photo shoots and working closely with subjects
• Providing individual photos for clients
Commission for South Dartmoor Community College. April - May 2011
• Generating ideas directly with the sports department to promote a ‘Star Squad Scheme.’ This is a new concept to promote their own pupils as active role models, throughout the school
• This gained positive recognition, during their recent ‘Ofstead inspection’
• Individually photographing 4 GB and Welsh National Athletes specifically chosen for the scheme
• Providing framed prints and images for web use
Marmalade Dance School events photographer. December 2010
• Working with Children aged between 3 and 15 years, providing individual end of year photographs
Commission for Wildwind Sailing Holidays. August 2009
• Working towards a set brief, developing their new brochure
• Organising staged shoots and briefing subjects
Contract photographer for Sunsail Club Colonna in Antigua. October 2005 - May 2009
• Successfully managed my own photography business with a net profit of £65,000 per annum
• Providing sailing and portrait images for anticipating clients
• Categorising over a 1000 images a day with a strict deadline to meet
• Managing 2 full time staff and 2 part time staff during peak season
• Specialising in all forms of water sports photography, from dingy to yacht sailing
• Administration skills, professional image manipulation, marketing and customer service
• Portraits sittings from individual, families and large groups of children
• Supplying photographs every month for their brochures and online advertising
Commission for Trade Wind Reality. August 2008
• Interior and exterior photographs for two luxury villas
Second stills photographer and assistant to Vanessa Hall in unique ‘trash the Dress’ Weddings Shoots. October - May 2009
Promotional Video for Sunsail Club Colonna. October - November 2005
• Organising subjects on a variety of different levels, whilst working to a set brief
• Supplying Sunsail with a 3 minute, edited video to be used as a promotion aid
Promotional video for Ultra Marine Dive School. October 2005 - Jan 2006
• Filming and editing 50 hours of underwater footage to a 7 minute promotional video
• Providing clients with personal footage of their dives
General Assistant for Aqua Films during Antigua Sailing Week. April 2007, 2008 and 2009.
• Voluntary work for a independent production company providing video footage for a popular sailing regatta
• Filming from both helicopters and chase boats
Published photos in Yachts and Yachting, Dingy, Classic Yachting Magazine, Practical Boat Owner, Sunsail, Club Vas, Wildwind Brochure. (2005 – 2010)
Stock photography Sales (2005 – 2012)
Job Title: Photgrapher
Description: Photographer and Photography Workshop Leader for Star Snappers: Oct 2010- Present
• Running photography workshops for primary schools in London
• Working closely with children and staff
Education Summary: 2009 - 2010 Plymouth University
Advanced Photography Course
1996 - 2001 Kelly College, Tavistock – Scholarship.
4 A levels b – c
Free Lance Photographer