- Hove, GB
- £35 /hr
- Available now
I am currently a freelance web developer based in Brighton, UK.
I specialise in coding Object Orientated PHP 5 systems and website components as well as MySQL database administrationmore...I am currently a freelance web developer based in Brighton, UK.
I specialise in coding Object Orientated PHP 5 systems and website components as well as MySQL database administration and Linux server administration. In addition I have well rounded experience in Search Engine Optimisation, website usability and internet marketing generally.
Until October 2009 I was Technical Manager for Netbasic Ltd. and one of the seven people that helped Netbasic reach No. 3 in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100 in 2008, just behind Love Film.
My current standard rate starts at £250 / day, though specific jobs tend to be priced on their own merits**, so please get in touch if you have a particular project in mind.
The following list is a guide to the kind of services I am able offer right away, though generally speaking, I can organise the completion of most internet/IT projects through various contacts in the field:
PHP Development Services:
* Genral Object Orientated PHP5 development
* Classes/Modules to provide specific functionality to exisitng systems
* Custom stand alone web based applications
* Form data processing
* Internet content Spiders and datamining
* Business to business data integrations
* Server management (cli) scripts
* Database management scripts/tools
* Setup of existing PHP based scripts for blogs/forums/etc.
* Development of new webservices for exisiting systems
* Consumption of 3rd party webservices into new and exisitng systems
* Webservice testing in PHP (useful for companies developing new webservices and wanting to offer clients a PHP consumption example)
MySQL Database Administration:
* Setup of new MySQL database servers and database structures
* MySQL database key/index optmisation (missing or badly arranged keys on a database can significantly slow a site or service down)
* MySQL database server parameter optimisation
* MySQL database structure/content optimisation
* MySQL database server upgrades
* Data import/export to/from MySQL databases (CSV, XML, etc.)
* Complex MySQL queries
* Slow Query Optimisation
* General MySQL 4/5/5.1 database administration
* Wordpress website setup and management
* Plugin installation and configuration
* Wordpress plugin development
* Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
* Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
* Website usability assesment
* Website response assesment (browser compatability, load times, etc.)
* Website analytics
Linux Server Administration:
* Setup of new Linux and FreeBSD servers
* Administration of Linux and FreeBSD servers
* Setup of streaming media platforms (Real, Flash, Quicktime, WMV)
* Setup of Apache, PHP, Perl, MySQL services
* Shell scripting
**In some special cases where a project is of particular interest or developed as part of a longer term partnership, rates my be adjusted to reflect the specific conditions of the contract. Any changes will be made and agreed before any contract commences.
I can be contacted via IRC and MSN by request
Area Covered: London, Brighton, Hove, South East, UK
Work Experience Summary: Technical Manager of netbasic.com