- Reading, GB
- £10 /hr
- Available now
What is a Virtual Assistant?
A Virtual Assistant (VA) is someone who provides administrative and other specialised services as and when you require them. This is done from theirmore...What is a Virtual Assistant?
A Virtual Assistant (VA) is someone who provides administrative and other specialised services as and when you require them. This is done from their own premises with their own equipment with little cost to you. The same work can be done by a VA that would otherwise be done by a temp without all the fuss and the added costs. There is no National Insurance, Tax etc that you would normally pay for an employee and no recruitment or agency fees either.
A VA requires little to no training as they have many years experience at a senior level. This means that tasks can be done quickly and effectively which means relatively low costs to you. As you only pay for the work completed this could save you money in the long run.
What are the benefits of a VA?
There are many reasons why using a VA is beneficial. Here are just a few of them:
• We are orientated to meet your personal needs.
• You only pay for time and materials used.
• You are not liable to pay tax, national insurance etc as you would when taking on a new employee.
• You have the peace of mind that deadlines will be met.
• You will not have to make room in the office for an extra person, or relocate completely if it was necessary!
Would a VA Be Useful To Me?
If you can relate to any of the following scenarios, then it may be worth using a VA:
• Delegating work to existing staff will affect their ability to meet current deadlines.
• You need more time to concentrate on other areas of the business.
• Your current staff does not have the skills to complete the task(s) in question.
• You have limited funds to purchase equipment (e.g. PC’s) to complete certain tasks and/or not enough space to accommodate another person.
• You can't justify taking on another person but could really use an extra pair of hands.
“ A recent survey in the UK of Managing Directors in the Top 5,000 businesses concluded that having a Personal Assistant made them 32% more effective.”
[Times Online, September 14, 2009]
Area Covered: UK Wide
Company Name: Commercial Advice Services
Work Experience Summary: I have five years experience of being a Virtual Assistant and am used to a varied client base from Authors to multi million pound construction projects.
Field of Study: Business Studies with International Development
University / College: The Open University
Virtual Assistant, Event Organiser