- Exeter, GB
- £7 /hr
- Available now
Having worked as a Project Manager managing a diverse set of projects from bid preparation through to handover to support, from software development for embedded systems to workingmore...Having worked as a Project Manager managing a diverse set of projects from bid preparation through to handover to support, from software development for embedded systems to working with businesses to improve processes and implementing ERP systems, for a number of years I believe the experience I have is a close match for the role. I have extensive experience of managing a multi-disciplinary team, ensuring the relevant resource is assigned and available as needed, as well as customer and supplier relationship management. The ability I have to proactively address issues and solve problems as well my exceptional communication, planning and relationship management skills give me the tools I need to successfully manage project through the full project lifecycle.
Area Covered: UK
Work Experience Summary: • End-to-end software development, implementation and integration project management experience (working initially with marketing team during bid development, at the appropriate point the project is then passed to me and I take responsibility of all aspects • planning, reports, cost, resource - until final delivery and support)
• Development of Project Plans, Risk Registers, Project Scope Documents etc
• Define work packages and assign to engineering teams plus manage progress against plans
• Define testing strategy and scope throughout the project lifecycle
• Defining and managing staged deliveries throughout the project lifecycle
• Experience of Project Management Institute and Prince 2 guidelines and methodologies (both practical and course based)
• Manage development of software using Agile software development methodology
• Experience of acting as a Scrummaster within the Scrum software development process
• Management of implementation, development, client training and support for ERP/CRM systems
• Presenting technical information to an audience of varying technical experience
• Take part in Bid and Proposal development and review working alongside Account / Sales Manager
• Carry out end of project reviews and communicate lessons learned to colleagues as well as updating Project Documentation to ensure mistakes aren’t made again
• Ensure end product meets legal / industry standard (both national and international) requirements
• Software development and implementation Project Management experience (Windows, Linux and Embedded platforms)
• Create project plans defining resource usage and work packages along with critical path analysis
• Managing engineering teams assigned to both a single project and teams that are assigned to multiple projects.
• Infrastructure Project Management experience
• Exceptional Team Management skills built through managing technical, non-technical and mixed teams.
• Work with customers and colleagues to create project plans / documentation defining project business case, project scope, work packages, cost and timeline (primarily using Microsoft Office and Project Applications).
• Define, research, manage and document project risks / issues alongside relevant options for minimising impact on project in all cases working to keep all concerned parties informed.
• Provide regular updates to stake holders / project authorities regards project progress as well as providing early notice of any possible riks / issues using standardised methodology / reporting methods
• Proactively look for possible issues / risks and work to overcome them before they threaten project timescales or work packages
• Exceptional communication skills with colleagues as well as both internal and external customers
• Excellent customer contact and management skills built through my work with multiple companies both national and international of various sizes along with home users and internal colleagues.
• Extensive man management skills (including line management, mentoring, development reviews, pay reviews etc) plus budget planning and time / resource planning.
• Define requirement for and manage external resource within project boundaries.
• Manage client relationship including defining project stakeholders and reporting methods plus creating reports and updates based on standard documentation templates.
• Support management experience (both re-active and planned) both to Businesses and home Users
• Knowledge of small and medium business models built through working with businesses develop their operating efficiency and market share.
• Knowledge of RDBMS running on both Windows and Linux Operating systems along with writing data retrieval scripts, in the SQL Language, and maintaining databases both remotely and on-site.
• Knowledge of various business area including IT Service Supply, Digital TV (both free to air and subscription base), IT support servicing both internal and external customers along with extensive knowledge of small businesses and their challenges
• Extremely good Sales / First Contact skills built working with companies of varying size from large multi-nationals through to small start-ups.
• Good working knowledge of various Operating Systems (Windows, both Server and Workstation, Mac OSX and Linux/Unix along with their associated Office Applications)
• Implement and manage Exchange Server plus configuration of client applications
Experienced Prince Practioner IT Project Manager