- Colchester, GB
- £30 /hr
- Available now
Services, what can we offer you?
We can take your dream and turn it into reality
Individual houses and extension is a much cherished part of the practice workload and only limitedmore...Services, what can we offer you?
We can take your dream and turn it into reality
Individual houses and extension is a much cherished part of the practice workload and only limited by distance.
Going straight to a builder means you miss out on the important design stage. It sounds obvious but builders specialise in building things and architects specialise in designing buildings and spaces. By using an established design-led architectural practice you will end up with a home that is right for you and that you will love living in. You will also ensure that your investment is maximised and the finished project adds value to your property;
Badly designed extensions can reduce the value of your property. Our service is specifically for homeowners, we deliver high quality architectural services in a cost effective and user-friendly way.
Sometimes it can be difficult to find somebody able to provide you with straight answers, to the most common questions ‘What can I do?’ but, most importantly 'How much will it cost?’
At DDC we try to help, we have many years experience and expertise
• We understand and explain what you can do to your home in terms of Planning and Permitted Development
• We listen to what you want, then offer we advice
• We will Identify project costs and always aim to work within you budget
• Finally, we produce the architectural drawings and documents ready for construction to commence
We specialise in residential design and our projects can range from small house extensions & loft conversions to change of use applications, new build one off houses. We have an excellent track record for obtaining planning permission and building regulations approval for our clients and most of our work is gained through client referrals.
Our philosophy is simple, we are committed to exploiting contemporary architecture only where it is appropriate. With a strong emphasis on meeting the client’s requirements and we aim to provide an architectural solution, which is both understandable imaginative and sustainable.
To get your project off the ground you will need an initial visit We can offer clients with a full architect’s service from inception to project completion or a partial service to obtain planning and building regulations approval. The decision on which level of service to choose may be determined by the scale of the project or client’s budget. Our initial visit is free.
• We will advise what consents are required form your local Authority, e.g. Planning Permission, Building Regulations etc.
• We will explore the possible options and layouts and any construction implications, for load bearing walls, example trees, drains, adjacent property, etc.
• We then agree YOUR BUDGET and aim to work within it
• After the visit, we will write to you with our fee proposal
• If you wish to proceed, we will then carry out a measured and photographic survey
• Then we discuss your exact requirements in more detail.
• Only them we prepared plans for your approval ready for submission to your local Council Planning and Building Control departments as appropriate. We deal with all the paper work and look after the application and gain all necessary approvals on your behalf.
Area Covered: East Anglia
Company Name: Development Design Consultants Limited
Work Experience Summary: AN ARCHITECT will design with flair and imagination that
will set your project apart from the rest.
AREA OF EXPERTISE
Full or partial architectural services offered. Areas covered include:
-Private housing (new build, alterations, conversions)
-Larger Residential and mixed use developments
The service we offer....
can be tailored to suit your requirements. We can
offer you a full service from inception to completion
or we can provide design plans only suitable for
planning applications or we can offer everything needed
for the build leaving you to project manage the build.
ARE ARCHITECTS EXPENSIVE ?
Initial consultation is FREE An architect can
actually save you money.
Charges are generally negotiated for each commission
and an idea of charges can usually be given after the
initial consultation. For work in the UK charges are normally
based on a percentage of the build cost.
As a guide the following table gives an indication
of likely charges as a percentage of the build cost.
For a Full service
(from inception to completion)
New buildings.............................5% - 9%
Alterations, extensions................6% - 11%
For a Partial service
(no project management)
New buildings.............................4% - 7%
Alterations, extensions................5% - 8%
Work can be charged on a lump sum basis. Charges
will reflect the size and complexity of the project.
disbursements are included but Local Authority charges
IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG?
We are covered by Professional Indemnity insurance
Education Summary: Qualifications and studies
BSc Architecture RIBA Part I and Diploma in Architecture, RIBA Part II
Director - Development Design Consultants