- Whitstable, GB
- £20 /hr
- Available now
I have 10 years experience in online and print communications. I've worked in both hands on and managerial roles and gained a broad range of skills: graphic design, copywriting,more...I have 10 years experience in online and print communications. I've worked in both hands on and managerial roles and gained a broad range of skills: graphic design, copywriting, proofreading, client-side web editing, project management, web analytics, information architecture and usability.
Area Covered: Kent, London
Job Title: Information Officer
Company: Kent County Council
Description: Communicating the service was key in this role as we were launching a brand new centre.
• Copywriting, graphic design and editorial responsibility for web and print mediums.
• Project management of the creation of the service"s new website.
• Extensive web accessibility knowledge.
• Proofreading and plain English.
• Line managing a team including: regular supervisions, appraisals and annual pay reviews.
• Establish service branding and logos.
Job Title: Digital Project Manager
Company: Red Bullet
Description: I managed a range of successful digital projects for public and private sector clients across the UK.
• Time and resource forecasting – managing production workflow.
• Co-ordinating, organising and recording communications for project team and clients effectively.
• Set up and deliver an online system for effective organisation communications management.
• Flexibility and issue management.
• Quality assurance: branding, technical testing, and functional requirements..
• Moderated, heuristic and remote usability testing and analysis.
• Information architecture projects for large public sector site and sitemaps for all smaller sites.
Job Title: Graphic designer and marketing assistant
Company: Art Projects for Schools
Description: Art projects for primary schools that aim to raise the profile of creativity (and funds) for schools.
• Renew brand and publicity materials: brochures, project packs, CD Rom and general stationery.
• Research, writing, proofread and layout of art lesson plans for teachers.
• Project management; In 2004 I organised a project in partnership with the "Capital of Culture – Liverpool 2008" for primary schools in Merseyside.
• Managing multiple briefs and working to tight deadlines.
• Magazine advertising – content and design.
• Write press releases.
• Knowledge and experience of print production.
Job Title: Creative Arts Lecturer
Company: South Kent College
Description: • Planning and delivering creative arts lessons/lectures within further and higher Education.
• Administrations skills, Microsoft Office, teamwork.
Job Title: Monthly Email Newsletters
Company: Metta College of Traditional Thai Massage
Description: I collate, copywrite and proofread a monthly email newsletter for Metta College advertising courses and Thai Massage/Yoga events. Part of this involves relevant updates to the website and ensuring that links increase traffic to the site.
Job Title: Senior Communications Officer
Company: Kent County Council
Description: I provided communications advice to hundreds of teams within KCC to support their communications with: the public, professionals, and council members.
- Copywriting, plain English and proofreading for a range of channels.
-Graphic design, branding, artworking and image sourcing.
- Web editing, publishing, client-side web development, creating campaign micro sites.
- Project management.
- Line management, delegation and managing workflow within a team.
- Manage print publications to ensure cost efficiency, branding and maximise marketing.
- Communications advice inline with marketing research, communications policy and national agendas.
- Lead on CMS training and raise awareness of communications best practice.
- Google analytics analysis.
- Online forums and forms.
- Writing communication standards, plans and policies.
- PDF and web accessibility.
- Copyright and data protection knowledge and guidance.
- Set up of a secure document sharing system.
- Budget management.
Job Title: Web
Company: Richard West
Description: Set up of an inexpensive brochure website with CMS using templates. The site promotes Richard's freelance services and experience in writing, teaching and film-making. Support with copywriting, content upload, email and hosting.
Education Summary: BA (Hons) 2-1, 4 A-levels (AABB), 10 GCSE (A* - B)