- Heybridge, GB
- £65 /hr
- Available now
Copy written right
I am an experienced web content writer/copywriter with a specialism in IT and technology. My hourly rate is high because I'm good - and my previous customer list reads likemore...I am an experienced web content writer/copywriter with a specialism in IT and technology. My hourly rate is high because I'm good - and my previous customer list reads like a Who's Who of the IT world: HP, Oracle, SanDisk, LogMeIn, Nominet, Trustpilot, Criteo and more.
Although specialising in IT-related topics, I have also written about topics as diverse as health and safety consultancy, medical imaging, serviced office space and industrial pipe cleaning services!
Previous projects have seen me providing written content for websites, managing online marketing campaigns via Facebook and Twitter and actively maintaining presences in several user forums.
My writing experience also extends to the offline world, having written software manuals for British Nuclear Fuels and press releases for distribution to traditional print publications.
In addition to written skills, I can also bring to bear 16 years experience working in the IT industry, supporting, managing and consulting on Microsoft-based networks.
Area Covered: Worldwide (remotely)
Company Name: Tech Write UK
Summary: 2008 - Present - IT Consultant
2006 - 2008 - ICT Systems & Development Manager
2004 - 2006 - Network Manager
2003 - 2004 - ICT Technician
2002 - 2003 - Helpdesk Analyst
2001 - 2002 - Trainee Programmer
2001 - Contract Technical Author
1999 - 2001 - PC Support Analyst
1996 - 1997 - PC Support Analyst
Company: Purely Stamping
Description: Writing and distributing a press release advertising some upcoming card crafting classes.
Job Title: Freelance Copywriter, Web Content Writer & Blogger
Company: Tech Write UK
Description: Tech Write is built upon the 15 years IT industry experience of Ben Lloyd. In that time Ben has worked on helpdesks providing technical support, managed large computer networks, written software manuals, implemented websites and managed online marketing campaigns among many other exciting projects.
In addition to purely technical skills, Ben also offers his exceptional writing ability as a service. Having written technical manuals for British Nuclear Fuels in the past, he has also produced a number of press releases and articles which have been republished in the press as part of online marketing campaigns. See the Tech Write website for more - http://www.tech-write.co.uk
Job Title: IT Consultant
Company: Junari Ltd
Description: Provision of CRM software support to third party clients. Auditing and documentation of clients networks. Development and external of internal computer systems.
• Telephone and remote support provision to major blue chip users of Sage CRM software.
• Creation and maintenance of company website including search engine optimisation and
web promotion. Creation and publication of corporate press releases.
• Analysis and reporting of third party business processes and technology with suggested
action plans and references to relevant legislation.
• Server installations and associated support services for external clients.
Job Title: ICT Systems & Development Manager
Company: Southend High School for Girls
Description: Provision of second and third line support, development and purchasing for approximately 1200 users in all aspects of ICT throughout the school campus. Management of four man support team.
• Extension and development of the schools thin client infrastructure into 3 IT suites and beyond using Windows Terminal Services and Citrix Metaframe.
• Whole network upgrade to Server 2003, Windows XP and MS Office 2003.
• Project management for school developments including liaison with external suppliers and contractors.
Job Title: Network Manager
Company: The James Hornsby High School
Description: Management, expansion and development of technical support provisions for 1000 staff and student users of the schools vanilla Windows 200/2003 admin and RM Community Connect 3 curriculum networks and associated systems.
• Implementation of school intranet using Microsoft Sharepoint Portal Server.
• Development of a monitoring system to manage and reduce printing costs on a per-user basis using.
• Upgrade of legacy RM CC2.4 network to CC3/Windows XP. • Creation, management and training of a three person support team to provide assistance to end users in accordance with the BECTA FITS framework.
• Implemented cost savings of approximately £17,000 through better utilisation of school resources, skills and purchasing methods for tax year 2005-2006.
• Provision of classroom-based training on the school systems to teaching staff and other end users.
• Rollout of Exchange 2000/Outlook 2003 email system to staff end users.
Job Title: ICT/Web Support Technician
Company: The Philip Morant School and College
Description: Provision of support to 1200+ staff and students as part of a five man team. Routine maintenance, support and administration of servers, desktops, email, web systems and wireless network.
• Design and implementation of a wireless helpdesk call logging system for use within the IT Team thereby increasing efficiency of and communication between the team.
• Construction of an asset database to allow up-to-the-minute tracking of computer hardware and to allow identification of potential faults.
• Assumed personal responsibility for the upkeep and maintenance of approximately 25% of the schools ICT resources.
• Active participation in planning for future expansion of the schools network and ICT resources.
Job Title: HelpDesk Analyst
Company: Selven Group
Description: Provision of telephone support to users of Selvens TeamSpirit integrated human resources and payroll software.
• Successful attainment of both individual and team targets on a regular and consistent basis.
• Development of an intranet-based call logging system utilising existing helpdesk database and associated fault-resolution system to streamline helpdesk operations.
Job Title: Trainee Programmer
Company: Qube Technology
Description: Programming internet systems and websites for third party clients
• Design, coding and maintenance of company website and intranet.
• Provision of support & training for external clients in software installation & use.
Job Title: Contract User Documentation Author
Company: BNFL Plc
Description: Documentation of accountability database for system administrators & end-users.
• Provision of printed and on-line documentation and tutorials for database users.
• Provision of telephone and face-to-face support and training for end-users at each of BNFLs UK sites.
Job Title: European Financial Data Services
Company: PC Support Analyst
Description: Provision of second-line support in PC hardware, software, networking and telecoms as part of a six- person team.
• Consistently met or exceeded department targets regarding call response & closure times.
Job Title: PC Technician
Company: RD Computers
Description: Computer hardware maintenance & repair in a team of five.
• Consistently exceeded personal & team processing targets on a weekly and monthly basis.
Education Summary: 3 x A Level (English Language, Chemistry, Biology)
10 x GCSEs (English Language, Mathematics, Combined Sciences, German, French, English Literature, History, Video Production, Theatre Studies)
Web Content Copywriter, Article Writer, SEO blogger & Press Releases
Ben's writing is great and content delivered was up to spec with what was promised.
Excellent service, great content and timely delivery. Very happy to work with Ben in the future.
Your provided all the background information required to complete this project quickly and to your customer's satisfaction. I would be very happy to work with you again!
Superb work as always - I cannot recommend Ben highly enough!
Ben continues to provide an excellent service!
Ben was excellent! His responses have been well received.
Good to work with, fast and furious
Very pleased with the Article,
Very pleased with the Article,
We were very happy with the content Ben wrote and would certainly use him again.
No result found
No result found