- Mumbai, IN
- £25 /hr
- Available now
An Air Cargo/Logistics professional with an extensive and all-round international experience, my forte is Sales, Sales Management, Business Development, Key Account Management,more...An Air Cargo/Logistics professional with an extensive and all-round international experience, my forte is Sales, Sales Management, Business Development, Key Account Management, Interline and GSA business/revenue generation, Budgets, Pricing, Customer Service, Capacity & Yield Management, Procurement (Rates and Space from Carriers), Marketing & Event Management (Organising and coordinating conferences, participaction and taking care of logistics for expositions/exhibitions) and Functional Automation (Systems Implementation & Coaching).
Area Covered: Mumbai
Work Experience Summary: January 2010 • August 2010
DHL Global Forwarding (Mumbai-India)
Route Support Manager
• Handling All India Pricing (RFQs, Bids etc) for MNC, GCS and SME Customers
• Carrier Management:(Rate & Space Procurement at country-level),
• Sales Support-Launch of India Airfreight Related initiatives/programme’s
• AFR Product support and promotion for Commercial & Operations, Customer / Stakeholder (Customer communication/relationship).
• Product management/development
• Supervision and maintenance of online pricing tools(country level)/MIS Management/Updating & maintaining IN AFR Intranet
August 2008 • December 2009
On hiatus. Supporting family business.
April 2007 • July 2008:
Jet Airways (India) Limited (Mumbai-India)
Manager Cargo Sales/Sales Support
• Advising member of the management at HDQ for business planning and network wide sales development..
• Annual Budget (Capital and Revenue • network wide) planning, setting regional and station wise targets, reviewing targets for expansion and methods of business growth.
• Pricing • setting up pricing for each region and field office using the most modern pricing techniques.
• Evaluation and selection of General Sales and Ground Handling agents based on
Information on their past and present performance, negotiating the contract terms and conditions, setting Service Level Agreements, negotiating commission levels, setting revenue targets, monitoring the GSA/GHA performance, offering sales/marketing support and ensuring GSA achieve sales/revenue targets and GHA performs within the parameters set in the SLA.
• Cargo Interline • responsible for setting up new cargo interline business and reviewing/expansion of the existing interline business.
• Member of the HDQ team analysing cost reduction across the network and ensuring profitability is maintained.
• Analysing Sales trends and product profitability by country
• Monthly & Quarterly Management Reporting • coordination and follow-up with Revenue Accounts team • ensuring revenue is reported correctly and timely/commissions are paid to GSA/GHA timely.
• Supervision and managing the support staff at the HDQ, includes the Capacity & Yield Management unit, Revenue Accounts unit and field office sales & services units.
• Coordinating with Finance, Taxation, Legal and Revenue Accounts department on new GSA/GHA contracts and ensure they are in line with the company’s policies.
• Representing Jet Airways at Air Cargo Exhibitions, Expos and Conventions.
March 2006 • March 2007:
Kingfisher Airlines Limited (Mumbai-India)
Manager Cargo Sales & Marketing
In this role, I was part of a two member team responsible for setting up the cargo sales and services units/infrastructure across the newly launched Kingfisher Airlines:
Some of my main achievements are:
• Set up of the Sales network (evaluation and selection of GSA and GHA), infrastructure across eighteen new online stations of Kingfisher Airlines.
• Set up Revenue and Capital budget for the entire network, monitoring revenue targets, offering sales/marketing support and follow-up with field offices to ensure revenue targets are achieved timely.
• Set-up new business accounts • includes three major corporate accounts.
• Setting up Business Processes, training sales, reservations and services staff.
• Successfully outsourced the sales and operations activity to third party thus ensuring cost reduction on overheads.
• Initiated and successfully implemented the first cargo Interline business.
• Interviewing candidates for the cargo team across the network.
• Evaluated the Cargo Automated system, left the company before implementation.
March 2004 • February 2006:
During this period, I have freelanced on various projects and also attached to family business.
Some of the projects included:
• Feasibility study of new all cargo airline (name intentionally withheld)
• Initial set-up and training of staff of a Logistics company in Kuwait.
• Offering training • mainly Automation (Functional) to GSA companies.
June 2000 • February 2004:
Qatar Airways (Doha, Qatar)
Section Head Cargo Sales & Automation.
By far the most challenging and satisfying phase of my Air Cargo career. Qatar Airways under its new leadership was experiencing major changes and very rapid growth.
• Introduced SITA Supercargo system across the network, automated all cargo
Processes, training • this project was handled single-handedly.
• Setup GSA, GHA and infrastructure in 25 new stations.
• Introduced new sales, pricing techniques and automated management reports.
• Member of the core team for successful introduction of Freighter aircraft • involved feasibility studies, route planning pricing strategy, budgets and revenue targets.
Almost the same job profile as at Jet Airways includes:
• Sales Management • network-wide, Sales Support, Pricing, Marketing, Budgets (Revenue and Capital Expenditure), Setting Revenue targets, follow-up on targets and ensuring targets are achieved timely and taking corrective action in an event of a shortfall.
• Evaluation and selection of GSA/GHA • setting up revenue targets, sales support to GSA, and monitoring GSA/GHA performance as per the guidelines set in SLA’s.
• Automation, evaluation, implementation, training and follow-up on system enhancements,
• Management reports, Coordination with Revenue Accounts, Finance and Legal departments.
September 1999 - May 2000:
Gulf Air (Bahrain)
Cargo Systems Development Officer
Achievement: Successfully carried out the migration of cargo system, implementation of SITA Supercargo System across the network and Training.
• Coordinated system implementation.
• Introduced/implemented Cargo auto rating/pricing module.
• System enhancements and extensive testing/functional specifications release to end user/training
November 1995- August 1999:
Kuwait Airways (Kuwait)
• Sales & Marketing: Sales support, Pricing and coordination with field office/GSA on day-to-day sales activities/sales support. Part of annual budget team.
• Cargo Capacity Control: Network/Hub capacity management/yield management-optimization.
• Cargo Automation: Helpdesk functions create/maintain system related data-base, coordinate system implementation at new stations; project management • IVR and Reservation Background Processing, Training • Automation courses.
September 1991- October 1995:
National Travel Service • Jet Air Group
GSA Kuwait Airways (Mumbai - India)
Cargo Traffic Officer
• Cargo Operations
• Cargo Reservations
• Field Sales
• Preparing weekly and monthly Management reports • Operations, revenue and sales.
Education Summary: PROFESSIONAL / EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
2001: Cargo Systems Training (SITA)
2001: Air Cargo Management (Qatar Airways)
1997: Basic Training Techniques
1996: IATA Cargo Marketing
1989: Bachelors Degree in Commerce and Financial Accounting (BCOM)
Air Cargo/Logistics Professional