- Worthing, GB
- £26 /hr
- Available now
I regularly carry out building services condition surveys, risk assessments and inspection of new & existing builds, ensuring conformance to specification and regulations.more...I regularly carry out building services condition surveys, risk assessments and inspection of new & existing builds, ensuring conformance to specification and regulations. I am very aware of H&S issues. I also perform as part of my working duties, procurement of materials and sub-contractors as well as managing in-house labour. I am methodical in my approach to the clerical aspects of the work with good record keeping and progress reporting to Director/Trustee level.
Area Covered: UK
Work Experience Summary: Overview
Barry is a Facilities and Estates Project Manager with extensive experience of working of Government estates & within Blue Chip environments. He is a specialist working on large scale Mechanical and Electrical (M&E) programmes and has gained a wealth of knowledge in planning logistics, procurement of service provision and has strong stakeholder management skills.
Barry can be considered a team player who enjoys mentoring his fellow colleagues with regular appraisals and reviews. Very computer literate, he has utilised various bespoke & standard programme platforms to enable forward planning and target achievements. He is also very commercially aware, ensuring budgets are adhered to or improved upon. Barry has current SC, CRB clearance, CTC pending.
• Estates and Facilities Project Management
• Mechanical and Electrical Installation & Maintenance
• PPM Planning & Development
• Project Planning: from inception to completion, through dilapidation period to final accounts
• Liaison with local authorities, planning departments, consultants, fire brigade, police services, sub-contractors and local communities.
• Authoring of tender documents, O&M manuals & collating manufacturer’s data.
• Managing Tender processes with regular progress reports, both written & verbal.
• Appraisal of all project documentation
• Budgetary & procurement controls.
• Asset condition surveys & life projections with replacement and repair costings.
• Team building with regular “toolbox talks” and evaluations/appraisals.
Education Summary: Professional Qualifications and Education:
• Indentured Apprenticeship, Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, Atomic Research Establishment, Aldermaston
• Newbury Technical College • City and Guilds • Mechanical Technology
• Basingstoke and Reading Technical College • City and Guilds • Electrical Technology
• Reading Technical College • Institute of Electrical, ONC • Electrical Engineering
• Reading Technical College • Engineers • Refrigeration Technician Certificate
• Health & Safety at Work Act 1972 - IEE
• IEE London • City and Guilds, 16th Edition Wiring Regulations
• PERA, Facilities/Services Management Diploma
• PERA • Management Diploma and in-house training
• Brooklands Environmental and Safety • Health and Safety Management Certificate
• Shorrock • Gas, Fire, Flood Detection Operators’ Certificate
• Shorrock International • Fire Facilities Systems
• FSI • Concept FM Software Administration
• Winton Environmental Management • Health and Safety Management Certificate
• Caxton Facilities Management • H&S Water Treatment Services Management
• Caxton Facilities Management • Quality Assurance ISO9001 Procedures
• AMEC • HSE Awareness Course
• AMEC • Management Skills Course
• NHS • Risk Assessment Procedures
• SML • Further Continued Professional Development (CPD) in pressure vessels, water treatment, fire suppression, electrical controls, air conditioning and lighting.
• CIBSE • 17th Edition IEE Regs.
• MOD • Protecting Information
• MOD • V1.8 Fraud Awareness
• MOD • V364 The Regulations of Health & Safety
• MOD • V366 Tools for Health & Safety Management (including Risk Assessments)
• MOD • V328 Fire Awareness
• MOD • V385 Noise Awareness
• MOD • V384 Manual Handling
• MOD • V386 Office Safety
• MOD • V395 Electrical Safety
• MOD • V397 Display Screen Equipment
• MOD • V387 Working at Heights
• MOD • V398 Asbestos Awareness