- Shanghai, CN
- £7 /hr
- Available now
As professional translator, I have five-year experience processing various technical/academic documents with specialty in Medicine,Chemical,Pharmecutical, Healthcare industry andmore...As professional translator, I have five-year experience processing various technical/academic documents with specialty in Medicine,Chemical,Pharmecutical, Healthcare industry and the other general business portfolios. Please find the details in the attached CV.
The best per-word rates I would like to offer for the coming up potential projects are USD0.06 (technical translation), USD0.04 for general context, USD0.02 for proofreading. The charges upon voice-recording or simultaneous/consecutive interpretation is negotiable on a case-by-case basis.Translation and voice-recording samples are available upon your request.
Area Covered: Shanghai, China ; Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Work Experience Summary: PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
EXPERIENCE and ACCOMPLISMENT in TRANSLATION
Wis-Medicine Co. Ltd, LLC• Chattanooga, TN, USA
• Evaluated and implemented improvements for expediting new and exiting product lines, mainly Peptide Nucleic Acid and protein products in the territory in mainland China.
• Established liaison and managed vendors in China; Established Quality Control policies for the chosen vendors; Supervised the manufacturing management in factories; Enhanced competitive insulation in the sales market in USA.
• Processed diverse business documents associated with partnership agreement, patent license agreement etc.
• Conducted interpretations for business negotiations and medical conferences.
• Performed proofreading on translated advertising materials, media kits, medical pamphlets to ensure consistency in ongoing projects.
• Tailored corporate governance principles and practices to fit the board’s needs and expectations of the investors. Served as a focal point for communication with the board of directors and the company’s shareholders, being a counselor to the CEO and other members of senior management
Micro-Tech (Nanjing) Co., Ltd • Nanjing, P.R. of China
Translator and Interpreter, work on part-time basis
• Translated technical documents for all company major product lines, assisted the company to achieve ISO 9001 certification and CE approval by TUV.
• Composed variable English-Chinese bilingual business documents, including cooperation contracts, distribution agreement, sale representative agreement, etc.
• Provided simultaneous interpretation for bilingual negotiations, conferences and fairs.
• Built and maintained the company official websites in English version.
Assistant Product Manager, D & R Division
Project Summary : This collaborative project involved Micro-Tech and Biomedical Department in Washington University in St. Louis, attempting to apply a polymeric coating material as surface modified membrane on stents, which are lattice expendable tubes used in minimally-invasive surgeries. The modification on stent-surface was performed to diminish restenosis after the medial device has been released in narrowed ducts of cancer patients. Biocompatibility and mechanical properties are targeted variables in the developing of this novel coating polymer.
Project Accomplishment: A company patented new stent product was launched in mainland China and Europe Market, generating first annual revenue of $ 2 million.
• Collected and analyzed experimental data, evaluating biocompatibilities and other experimental variables of commercially available biomaterials for clinical use, with the purpose of choosing biodegradable materials with favorable quality/price ratios.
• Designed experiments based on clinical research objectives and profitable product-developing strategies.
• Collaborated with marketing personnel. Searched new targets through systematic assessment of market trends, unmet customer needs and competitive activity.
• Developed product pricing, positioning and promotional media/services/training documents.
EXPERIENCE and ACCOMPLISMENT in ACADEMY
Carnegie Mellon University • Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Project Summary: The project was to develop innovative nano-structured electric materials, such as nanowires, from double-helix PNA-metal hybridized assemblies. Specifically, my research focused on synthesizing base-modified PNA (Peptide Nucleic Acids) duplexes and applying them in PNA-metal conjugates. Extensive use of modern chemistry equipments has been performed in the synthesis, purification and characterization of the designed assemblies.
• Cooperated with multiple institutions and research centers, enabled inter-departmental coordination on the assigned projects.
• Applied chemical purification and characterization equipments, including extensive use of NMR, IR, MALDI- MS, UV, HPLC, GC etc.
• Composed and presented research progress reports and proposals to funding providers and academic advisor committees; Gave oral and poster presentations in national academic conferences.
• Performed regular lab maintenance; Managed Chemical inventory and Lab Security; Established purchasing channels for variable chemicals and equipment supplies.
Teaching Assistant/Lab Instructor, awarded with Teaching Assistant Fellowship for 6 semesters
• Tutored in one-to-one undergraduate sessions and office hours; Prepared course handouts and test materials.
• Setup and maintained equipment in student laboratory; Trained students on equipment operation; Supervised the conduction of experiments.
• Directed group projects; Assessed experiment reports/term papers/presentations.
• Participated in a Teaching Software developing program for the class of Organic Chemistry.
American Chemistry Society (ACS) member since 2004
American Translation Association (ATA) member since 2003
Chinese Scientist and Engineers ( ACSE) member since 2003
Proz.com registered member since 2005; Translatorbase.com registered member since 2004
Education Summary: EDUCATION
M.S., Chemistry -- Carnegie Mellon University • Pittsburgh, PA (2006)
Associated MBA • Tepper Business School, Carnegie Mellon University • Pittsburgh, PA (2005)
B.E., Material Engineering -- Nanjing University of Science and Technology • P.R. of China (2003)
Professional Education including the following certifications:
International Teaching Assistant, certified by International Communication Center, CMU (2005)
National Interpreter (Advanced Level), certified by Center for Continuous Education, Shanghai, China (2002)