- London, GB
- £10 /hr
- Available now
I have a strong background in editorial, communications and marketing.
My work at Jobsgopublic has provided me with a solid understanding of the public sector, in terms ofmore...I have a strong background in editorial, communications and marketing.
My work at Jobsgopublic has provided me with a solid understanding of the public sector, in terms of recruitment as well as the culture itself. I have done a lot of work with online marketing, Web 2.0 and social media and as such, I am a passionate blogger, having regularly blogged for the Jobsgopublic candidate blog and Jobsgopublic clients.
I have been responsible for actively promoting the Jobsgopublic brand via the news-generating website Allvoices.com and through article content to HR website, changeboard.com
Having worked as a freelancer for disability magazines, Disability Now, Able and SEN, I am extremely passionate about disability issues and equality and know a lot about special educational needs.
As Magazine Editor for SEN Magazine, I worked closely with a large number of charities such as RNIB, RNID, Action for Children and the NSPCC, among others and actively promoted their campaigns in the magazine I produced.
Area Covered: London
Work Experience Summary: As Marketing Assistant
* Implementing consistency in the Jobsgopublic brand in external communications and by designing new sales collateral
* Producing candidate-focused weekly blogs and monthly client-focused blogs
* Writing external sales communications to a database of over 5,000 clients and 260,000 registered candidates
* Data cleansing via Salesforce CRM
* Collating website content for the new careers advice section and the client-focused forum.
* Assisting sales team with producing sales-related documentation
As Magazine Editor
*Edited a specialist special needs magazine
* Organised and implemented all aspects of the magazine\'s production
* Sub-edited the magazine
* Sourced, interviewed and wrote feature articles and news stories for this magazine and as a freelancer on other magazines.
* Implemented an online file-sharing program (CMS)
* Developed contacts
* Raised subscriptions through good quality editorial
* Networked at relevant exhibitions and shows
* Set up and developed the editorial board
* Dealt with and responded to telephone enquiries from PR companies, readers, contributors etc.
* Developed good working relationships with key charities and organisations.
As Customer Service Advisor:
* Deal with and respond to telephone and e-mail queries from clients and customers
* Manage a complex subscription and database program
* Raise invoices and handled large payments
* Manage workloads for two journal donation schemes
* Create, manage and develop statistical workload reports
* Monitor daily and weekly workloads
* Sub edited the company magazine
* Worked with company\'s CMS system (FTP)
* Helped develop a procedure for fraudulent accounts
* Carried out tele-renewals for key journals (cold calling subscribers)
As Freelance Journalist
*Pitch feature ideas to relevant publications
* Develop and maintain key contacts
* Arrange and conduct interviews (using tee-line shorthand)
* Conduct thorough research
* Construct, write and sub-edit the article
Education Summary: NCTJ trained in:
Shorthand (90 wpm)
Media Law for journalists
Handout (press release writing)
* Postgraduate MA in Magazine Journalism