Freelance Marketing & Visual Communications
Sutton Coldfield, GB
I am looking for a position within the arts and heritage, public or creative industries sectors, that will utilise both my marketing and visual communication skills. I will considermore...I am looking for a position within the arts and heritage, public or creative industries sectors, that will utilise both my marketing and visual communication skills. I will consider positions in the West and East Midlands. I am also able to work remotely as a freelance copywriter, artworker and animator.
Area Covered: West Midlands, East Midlands, worldwide (remote working)
Work Experience Summary: 2003 - current Black Rhino Promotions Ltd West Midlands
- Responsible for the improvement and maintenance of the public presence, branding, and marketing of a major UK touring theatre production. In contact with large theatres and arenas on a daily basis, I oversee all marketing and PR activities for the show. I also produce all artwork, video clips, press releases, copy and photographs personally, and direct creatives from concept to production on all print and screen based promotional material.
2000 - 2003 Farndon Engineering Coventry
Sales & Marketing Director
- Responsible for the maintenance of a healthy order book and market presence for an SME niche manufacturer. Selling bespoke engine components for high-end motorsport applications, this position involved a great deal of international marketing activity including a major re-branding of the business. Responsible for all copy writing, sometimes technical, for all internal and external maketing communication.
1998 - 2000 Farndon Engineering Coventry
Sales & Marketing Co-ordinator
- Reporting directly to the Sales & Marketing Director I was responsible for targeting and supplying leads and new market research, creating an online presence, B2B direct mail campaigns, copywriting and image.
Education Summary: 2006-2008 Birmingham Institute of Art & Design (Birmingham City University formerly UCE) Birmingham, West Midlands
Postgraduate Studies in Visual Communication
- Postgraduate Certificate in Visual Communication
- Postgraduate Diploma in Visual Communication
- Master of Arts, Visual Communication
- Final project can be seen at www.thewitchofwildlands.com
1992 - 1995 Staffordshire University
Undergraduate Studies in Enterprise, Innovation & Communication
- BA (Hon.) in International Communications (2:1)
I am highly proficient in the following;
Adobe (Photoshop, After Effects, Premier Pro, Encore, Flash)
Final Cut Pro
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Publisher, Frontpage)
Windows & Mac OS