- Essex, GB
- £40 /hr
- Available now
An entrepreneurial and highly experienced Project Manager who is able to demonstrate strong leadership and innovation in the delivery of complex, high value projects within themore...An entrepreneurial and highly experienced Project Manager who is able to demonstrate strong leadership and innovation in the delivery of complex, high value projects within the rail infrastructure, civil airport, cargo / automated material handling and AS/RS systems sectors.
A construction professional, that is highly respected and innovative with proven exceptional project management and planning expertise. Being a firm but diplomatic leader, with the ability to manage and motivate teams and sub-contactors to achieve highly challenging and demanding deadlines and budgets.
Possessing superb customer facing skills, experienced in programme management, project management and design management, able to proactively identify potential risks and resolve possible problems and issues.
With extensive UK and International project and construction experience, a first class communicator with superb interpersonal and negotiation skills. Academically and technically strong, being a Fellow member of two of the three most significant, Engineering Institutions in the World.
Area Covered: London.
Work Experience Summary: CAREER HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE :
• Managing a PPP contract for the delivery of 9 central line LUL Stations, Value in excess of £100 million
• Achieved Fellow membership of both the Institution of Mechanical Engineers and the Institute of Electrical Engineers
• Instigated and implemented an innovative strategy to release for construction the first section SER’s whilst the signalling Architecture was still in the conceptual design stage.
• Successfully re-engineered design assurance processes (LUL, 1-358 and NR, GRIP) and delivered designs to site without the normal approvals in place, therefore enabling a key DfT milestone to be achieved.
• Turned around a failing client relationship into a fruitful partnership, achieving additional revenue of £6 million over 3 years.
• Instructed to provide lawyers working on behalf of the Commission of Inquiry for the Hong Kong Government, a Technical expert opinion, identifying the real problems that lead to the failure on “opening day” of the New Hong Kong Airport • Chek Lap Kok.
• Gained experience of various engineering sectors including, but not limited to: Rail, airports, materials handling, IT and Manufacturing in the car industry.
• Sponsored and provided with a Bursary by Ford Motor Co. to read for a BSc degree in Engineering.
• 3 Gold service awards, Saudi Arabian Airlines.
KEY SKILLS INCLUDE :
• Project Management
• Programme Management
• Design Management
• Primavera P3e
• Team Leadership
• Risk Management.
• M&E, Civil, CCTV, PA and SCADA integration.
• NEC and PPP Contract administration
• Communication & interpersonal
• Automated Warehouse management systems
• Manufacturing Engineering.
• IT automation systems.
Education Summary: • Chartered Engineer
• Eur Ing; registered Engineer EEC
• Fellow member - Institution of Mechanical Engineers
• Fellow member - Institution of Electrical Engineers
• BSc Mechanical Engineering
• City and Guilds Full Technological certificate. Mechanical Engineering.
• Crane Investigation & Certification Bureau (USA)- Mobile/Overhead Cranes ANSI procedures.