- Exeter, GB
- £15 /hr
- Available now
I have worked in the pharmaceutical industry in the field of clinical trials for over 15 years as statistician, programmer and data manager, and during that time I have also extensivelymore...I have worked in the pharmaceutical industry in the field of clinical trials for over 15 years as statistician, programmer and data manager, and during that time I have also extensively reviewed, proofread and contributed to countless documents (directives, protocols, user guidelines, technical reports and Standard Operating Procedures) where strong attention to detail is paramount.
I have a BSc (Hons) degree in Statistics from Portsmouth University. I am a member of the Society of Editors and Proofreaders. I have completed The Publishing Training Centre's course on Basic Proofreading with merit. I am comfortable with proofreading both hard copy and electronic copy using Track Changes in Word.
My skills include the following:
• Compare the proofs to the edited copy line by line, or read ‘blind’ (i.e. just the proof)
• Check page numbers and page headings
• Check Table of Contents against chapter titles, page numbers, appendices, indexes, etc
• Ensure consistency in spellings and hyphenations (following a style guide if supplied or creating one myself)
• Look out for errors, omissions and inconsistencies in typography, layout and content
• Check and insert cross-references where feasible
• Remove inelegant or confusing word, column and page breaks
• Ensure captions, illustrations and labels correspond with the text
• Check that the content looks right and is logically arranged
• Liaise with the client to resolve queries and advise the client on any issues requiring referral