- Olney, GB
- £30 /hr
- Available now
16 year career in IT. For most of that time I have developed applications in MS Access and Excel, using VBA. I also have knowledge of SQL Server and Oracle.
In recent yearsmore...16 year career in IT. For most of that time I have developed applications in MS Access and Excel, using VBA. I also have knowledge of SQL Server and Oracle.
In recent years I have concentrated on technical project management for a professional services organisation specialising in applications lifecycle management and business process re-engineering.
Area Covered: Beds, Herts, Bucks, Cambs, London, Durham, Newcastle
Work Experience Summary: • Project intervention at UK charity for the disabled where a project delivering a suite of payroll support forms had gone into trouble. Excel VBA was used for the forms, which gathered information from a variety of data sources.
- Immediately took responsibility for half the project deliverables and delivered to production after one month. Have since introduced a series of enhancements and change requests to the suite
- Undertook a second project to deliver absence management reporting. Project now released
- Further projects undertaken to capture variable pay adjustments and job advertising specifications
- Played crucial data cleansing role in preparation for the major release of an absence notification system.
• Project rescue at UK gearbox manufacturer where original IT supplier had left in dispute. Project mandate was to design and build a patented tool tracking system for use in the aerospace industry. System comprised of an MS Access front end linked to a SQL Server database, with heavy use of VBA and T-SQL. Toolbox components used a compiled VB application which broadcast data via radio transmitters.
- Managed to successfully restart products without any reference documentation
- Completed a system audit and database definition of the SQL Server system
- Wrote new code and successfully rescued system which was then signed off as fit for production
- Client was then able to win US contract with an aerospace firm worth $30 million
• Set up an Excel-based project resource management system for UK/Spanish Bank which used extensive VBA to calculate resource levelling, commercial cross-charge costs and future planning requirements.
• Devised and implemented a performance management framework for several divisions within UK/Spanish Bank using linked Excel spreadsheets which had extensive VBA coding.
• Project managed and developed a system for performance management and absence at UK/Spanish Bank. System developed in MS Access and used across several divisions.
Education Summary: BSc (Hons) Business Information Management, University of Central Lancashire
VBA developer with expertise in Access and Excel. Can also manage technical projects