- City of Westminster, GB
- £35 /hr
- Available now
I am a detail orientated Product Engineer & Industrial Designer with first-class analytical, design and problem solving skills. I have a pro-active approach to projects ofmore...I am a detail orientated Product Engineer & Industrial Designer with first-class analytical, design and problem solving skills. I have a pro-active approach to projects of any level, with a high level of practical experience in product development, project management and business development. I am a self-motivated team player who is highly enthusiastic about product design, maintaining high standards and producing innovative solutions that add value to a product or business.
I have a comprehensive portfolio of projects undertaken for market sectors covering medical, consumer, light industrial, food & drink, kiosk and automotive. The scope of my work has included general project management, 3D mechanical design, compiling project briefs, technical product reports & specifications, ergonomics, aesthetic product development and turning concepts into fully working commercial products. I have a thorough eye for detail and an eagerness to learn unfamiliar areas of technology.
In short, I can offer a complete product development solution from concept through to design for manufacture.
Area Covered: Surrey, London, Middlesex, Sussex, Kent
Work Experience Summary: General project management overseeing product development projects from concept through to production. I have also managed a small team of mechanical and electronic engineers and collaborated design data with other departments in various companies. The scope of my project management work has involved initiating product solutions, project budgeting, customer/supplier liaison, design/technical solutions including conceptualising, product development, technical specifications, detailed engineering, tooling procurement, digital imaging and supplying production drawings. Typical projects have involved designing:-
- bench-top MRI units & accessories
- products for orthopaedic surgery
- patented modular spinal implant devices & surgeons tools
- bone cement mixers and dispensing units
- a range of TFT-LCD display units incorporating embedded single board computers
- compact PC units with the latest single board technology
- kiosks for general public use
- keyboards and other \"Human Machine Interfacing\" products for commercial, medical & military applications
- cosmetically enhancing enclosures for food and drink freezer units in point-of-sale applications
- exclusive rugged computer desks for public institutions with integral accessories
- innovative exhibition frames implementing new electrical systems for power connection
- complex wiring harnesses for power and data distribution
- other innovative medical devices & consumer products
Education Summary: 1996 - 1999 : Master of Design (Hon\'s) - Industrial Design (2:1)
Industrial designer and product engineer