- Salisbury, GB
- £40 /hr
- Available now
20 years experience working in the finance environment with the last 10 years as finance director of companies backed by private equity investors. I have managed finance teamsmore...20 years experience working in the finance environment with the last 10 years as finance director of companies backed by private equity investors. I have managed finance teams of various sizes and have been hands on in each of them. In each business I have made improvements to systems and management information as well as being responsible for all the technical aspects of statutory reporting and taxation. In addition to finance I have experience in information technology, human resource functions, corporate acquisitions, disposals and reorganisations.
Over the years I have gained experience in a wide range of business sectors;
* Research & development
* Waste and environment
* Audit and risk management
* Managing all aspects of finance functions
* Forecasting and budgeting
* Cost and cash control
* Technical accounting and tax issues
* Legal matters and company secretarial
* Accounting and operational IT systems
* Business acquisitions and disposals
* Relationships with financial backers.
* Strategy and business development
Area Covered: SALISBURY, UNITED KINGDOM
Job Title: Finance Director and Company Secretary
Company: Leading Pack (previously PrintMovers and ColourCare)
Description: In order to protect the group the photo processing business (ColourCare) was sold to Kodak and the remaining logistic operation was transformed into a stand alone business to create PrintMovers. This was successfully sold to a competitor in 2005 and I remained a director until the remaining assets could be sold and the value returned to the shareholders.
* Responsible for all areas of finance including staff, product costing, reporting, accounts, company secretarial administration, legal, budgeting, forecasting, treasury.
* Providing support to the CEO especially during M&A activity, changing strategy and direction of the business as well as making key decisions.
* Set up new finance function including accounting system and weekly/monthly management reporting.
* Designed and implemented web based system to allow online proof of delivery to customers.
* Cost reduction plans and tight control of cash.
* Closed complex pension scheme and replaced with more efficient solution.
* Successfully won a tax concession to partially make use of losses from photo processing trade against logistics business.
Job Title: Group Finance and IT Director and Company Secretary
Company: Waste Management Technology Ltd
Description: It provides the UK and international market with engineered and scientific solutions to dealing withradio active waste. This is done in a number of ways including chemical analysis of materials, consulting, designing and building plant, operating the plant and disposing of the waste.
Responsible for all areas of finance including small team of staff, contract profitability, reporting, accounts, company secretarial administration, legal, budgeting, forecasting, treasury, and information technology.
* Reorganised IT systems and implemented new project based accounting system.
* Improved weekly/monthly management information as well as introducing detailed forecasting systems.
* Improved cash flow by strong management of debtors and cost control.
* Provided financial element of strategic plan
* Provided link to private equity owners and bankers.
* Restructured debt and banking facilities.
* Introduced R&D tax credit claim.
Job Title: Interim Director of Finance
Company: Bournemouth International Airport
Description: Provide financial support to the Managing Director of the airport.
Completion of statutory accounts and budgets for the following year.
Manage the Capital Expenditure process.
Reduce debtor days by 20 and improve cashflow.
Job Title: Interim auditor
Company: Audit Commission
Description: Assistance in the audit of public body audits.
I identified a weakness in payroll systems and it was later found that employees were paid twice for the same shift.
Job Title: Regional Financial Controller
Description: Providing financial support to branches and regional management in the southern region. This included 150+ branches turning over around £400m.
The role concentrated on improving profit performance, forecasts/budgets and stock control.
Job Title: Financial Controller
Company: City Plumbing
Description: The business was going through rapid growth with branches increasing from 18 to 35 in the short time that I was there.
I was responsible for the accounting function together with a unix based accounting system. I was heavily involved in making improvements to the system as well as rolling it out to the new branches.
Job Title: Audit Senior
Company: Brooking Knowles and Lawrence
Description: This became part of Tennon.
Job Title: Audit Senior
Company: Roger H Brown
Job Title: Audit Semi Senior
Company: Tyrell, Evans & Holloway
Job Title: Audit Junior
Company: William H Price
Job Title: Accounts Assistant
Company: Wormald & Partners
Summary: A Levels in maths and physics
Field of Study: Accountancy
University / College: Chartered Institute of Certified Accountants
Experienced finance director