- Liverpool, GB
- £7 /hr
- Available now
An Entrepreneurial Business and Technology executive bringing Creativity with practicality, vision with experience.
• Strategic, results-driven executive, commanding 20+ yearsmore...An Entrepreneurial Business and Technology executive bringing Creativity with practicality, vision with experience.
• Strategic, results-driven executive, commanding 20+ years of progressive success in Information Technology and financial environments.
• A Hands-on and Innovative professional with a track record of incorporating Information Technology into strategic visions, while maximising returns and improving business processes/operations.
• Extensive exposure to working with Microsoft technologies, Managed Services Provision (MSP), Cloud Based Computing and Software as a Service (SAAS), as well as in interoperability of management and operations.
• A service-focus entrepreneur who demonstrates a unique combination of Information Technology, Business and Financial skills with the ability to communicate effectively to all team member, stakeholders and third-parties.
In the late 90’s, I was one of the founders of a Software House, initially concentrating on Y2K and then the development of Network Management Tools. Here, I was involved in the development of the company operations and expansion of overseas sales channels
Took a 12-18 month sabbatical in 1999 to investigate Web 2.0, SaaS and Cloud Computing concepts etc (as they are known now), trying to understanding how they benefit SME's.
This lead to me to:
- Working with several start-up’s involved in various sectors
- Advising SME clients in diverse industries with recommendations, installation, user training, and system/network design.
- Building a successful practice through referrals from satisfied clients.
Now working/seeking new ventures in Cloud Computing/SaaS Sector & Clean (Green) Tech Sector. + Actively seeking new opportunities in Canada
• SAAS / Cloud Computing
• Managed Services
• Finance and IT Management
• Product Development
• Financial Planning & Analysis
• P&L Management
• Team Leadership
• Business process re-engineering
• Project Mapping
• Stakeholder Management
• Start-up Ventures
Area Covered: UNITED KINGDOM
Industry: Information Technology and Services
Job Title: Founder
Company: Calm Ventures
Description: Exploring #tech #startups involved in Clean, Mobile & Cloud Sectors. We are currently in alpha
Job Title: CEO
Company: Startup Focus Europe
Description: Further Information available soon...... visit startupfocus.eu for a preview
Job Title: Founder & CEO
Company: Calm Response
Description: Started Consulting and IT Services Firm helping a diverse array of companies to adapt technology and business processors to meet their company"s needs, responsible for scoping, planning, and deploying/delivering the required system solutions.
• Originated and detailed framework for start-up go-to-market blueprint containing Technology Infrastructure, business charter, financial model, sales and marketing plan, and technology roadmap. Scalable to adopt new technology trends, Flexible to support vertical market needs and remain competitive.
• Building Industry and Client awareness of Managed Services (MSP), Microsoft technologies, Software as a Service (SaaS), Business Continuity Services and Cloud Computing.
• Provide Technology Decisions and Directions, choosing technology partners (Microsoft, Netsuite, Geminare, Untangle, NetApp, Asigra, SunGard, Intermedia etc.) and integrated product solutions.
• Management of Partner and Client Relationships.
• Development of processors and workflow for a new "one stop" brokerage firm dealing with PI Claims, bundling Financial Funding, Insurance, and Personal Injuries claims to a preapproved panel of law firms. Based on Netsuite. Estimated Revenue Year 1 £3 Million (see site).
• Involved with several Start-up ventures, designing and set-up of IT/Finance/back-office and operational expansion (see site).
• Project management, from scope to deployment, of new systems and infrastructure projects for various clients.
• Consultant to various companies re-structuring their back office operations and IT.
• Evaluated various solutions on behalf of clients: identifying their requirements regarding current working practices and long-term needs; Accounting, CRM, ERM, Web 2.0., email, Network and workstation OS and Software, Offsite Data Storage, Security and Business Continuity, SaaS and Hosted services.
• Integration Coordinator for company merger, responsible for Finance and IT.
Job Title: Entrepreneurial Business and Technology executive
Company: AW Associates
Description: (Renamed to Calm Response)
Originally, in 1999, I intended to undertake 12-18 month sabbatical to investigate new web based technologies, methodologies and concepts and understand how they can beneficial to business and more importantly how companies could incorporate them into their existing infrastructure. This lead to me to:
* Working with several start-up"s involved in various sectors
* Advising SME clients in diverse industries with recommendations, installation, user training, and system/network design.
* Building a successful practice through referrals from satisfied clients.
For further information please visit http://awassoc.com/about/
Job Title: Co-Founder & Business Manager
Company: Deeside Technology Ltd
Description: Start up Software House developing Network Client Management Tools and Y2K software Responsible for development of Technology and Business processes and strategies in order to support development of Software House and developing sales/support channels in rest of world. Clients include United Parcel Services (UPS) and The Banyan Corporation.
• Development/Management of Back Office Administrative/Logistic systems and staff.
• Development / Implementation of Internet Strategy (Web, e-business, Intranet, Communications).
• Development of Overseas Sales Channels (USA, Canada, South Africa, & New Zealand).
• Network Management.
• Project Manager: Deployment into Corporate networks.
• Client Technical Support.
• Y2K Research Focus: software & hardware issues.
• Implementation of EDI system.
Job Title: Interim Senior Finance Manager
Company: Liverpool City Council
Description: Assignment to rebuild Accounts Department for Two Direct Service Organizations (combined £28m revenue), under quarterly reporting deadlines and closure notice from central government. Management and production of all Finance Information, including Year-end Accounts
• Prepare quarterly review
• Year End preparation and pass inspection by Government Auditors
• Initiate and implement review of finance function for both DSO"s, included overhaul of Financial Controls and Management Information Systems and implementation of new reporting systems to reflect current and future needs. This was subsequently adopted by rest of Environmental Services DSO"s
• Supervision and recruitment of Finance/IT Department (10 staff); Management Accounting, Payroll, Invoicing/Payments, IT Functions.
• Budget Restructure and reapportionment in excess of £28 million.
• Handed over to full time member of council after successful managing an Enhanced finance function for over 1 year, clearing regulatory issues.
• Review of Bull/Oracle Financial/operational system implementation.
• Initiate and develop monthly reporting system for DSO, adopted by rest of Directorate
• Develop Cost Accounting procedures for estimating cost of Vibrating White Finger and other long-term work related illnesses.
Job Title: Interim Financial Controller
Description: Supervision, preparation, and review of all Financial and Management Accounting functions.
• Preparation of all financial reports issued in the company and initiating required changes to improve quality of information Review of Costing procedures used in pricing of work.
• Initiation of System review and introduction of computerised systems to Fee earners.
• Development of Internal Reporting systems.
• Roll out of Company Information Technology Program
Job Title: Interim Project Account
Company: Mercury Communications (C & W Plc.)
Description: Design and construction of Internal Management Reporting System.
Job Title: Interim Project Accountant
Company: Chevron International Oil
Description: Preparation and review of information required for Board of Joint Venture subsidiary.
Job Title: Interim Project Accountant
Company: Shell UK Exploration & Production
Description: Responsible for site deployment of new Accounting system and providing all supervisory and administrative back-up for New Field Development Accountants and Function Heads for accounts payable and general accounting practices, including Joint Venture accounts. (15 Month assignment).
• Departmental Supervisor through introduction of new Accounts Payable package to Department and full rollout to London Departments.
• Site Co-ordinator between end-users and Development Team.
• Provision of all management information for Taxation and Management accounting requirements
• Supervised upgrading of PC-based Time writing System and development of new system.
• Training and supervision of permanent staff in the use of above systems. Providing support to 200 Operational staff based in London and Aberdeen.
• Preparation of Budget and 5-year plan.
Job Title: Management Trainee
Company: Egerton Trust
Description: USA and UK
Various positions within divisions of the company allowing one to gain experience and responsibility throughout the company's interests.
Ø Implementation & Development of Corporate wide reporting systems and Accounting systems for both UK & US units.
Ø Various roles including; Development (Project) Manager, Land Buyer, Accountant.
Job Title: Trainee Accountant
Company: Alfred McAlpine
Description: Various Locations USA and UK
Trainee Accountants Program:
Ø Responsible for day-to-day Manual GL, AR, and AP bookkeeping.
Ø Preparation of the Accounts for input into computerised Accounts system
Field of Study: Finance and Economics
University / College: Saint Anselm College
Cloud Computing Entrepreneur