- London, GB
- £25 /hr
- Available now
I offer bespoke software and database development services using the latest technologies, including Visual Studio 2008 & 2010, MS SQL Server 2008 and DXperience 3rd party toolsmore...I offer bespoke software and database development services using the latest technologies, including Visual Studio 2008 & 2010, MS SQL Server 2008 and DXperience 3rd party tools from Devexpress.
I also have data migration experience, mainly from Access and Visual FoxPro databases to MS SQL Server and MySQL, and have also developed several commercial applications using Visual FoxPro 6 - 9.
Area Covered: Software Development
Job Title: Software Developer
Company: Legalease Ltd
Description: Full life cycle development of various bespoke in-house applications.
• Development of the company"s main sales application and migration of legacy Visual FoxPro databases to SQL Server. This project uses VB.Net, C#, SQL Server 2008, WCF 3.5 and 3rd party tools by Devexpress.
• Development of a legal book content application, originally written in Visual FoxPro 9 by me. I used VB.Net, XML, XPath and 3rd party tools by Devexpress for this project.
• Development of a Billing / Invoicing application using VB.Net, FoxPro 9, SQL Server 2005 / 2008 and XML.
• Report writing using Crystal Reports, XtraReports and Visual FoxPro.
I"m also responsible for tutoring a junior member of staff in VB.Net, T-SQL and SQL Server.
Job Title: Analyst Programmer
Company: Farmplan Computer Systems
Description: Designing and implementing financial software for the agricultural market using mainly Visual FoxPro versions 6-9, ActicveX controls, VBA and XML.
• Full life cycle development of a Sales Order Processing application written in Visual FoxPro 8 and 9. I was responsible for liaising with beta testers, support staff and users, training in-house support staff and providing technical support for beta testers.
• Various budgeting modules for the company"s flagship accounting package. Written mainly in Visual FoxPro 6 and 7.
• Re-designing the UI of the company's flagship accounts product.
Education Summary: I studied Food Science at college in Sweden and then worked as a baker for 7 years before moving to the UK. I then completed two (2) City & Guilds courses studying C++ while working at Somerfield Stores as trainee quality assurance manager.