- London, GB
- £7 /hr
- Available now
I am a confident, hardworking and goal orientated individual who is not afraid of challenging the status quo. Naturally a people person, I enjoy and prefer working in a team environment.more...I am a confident, hardworking and goal orientated individual who is not afraid of challenging the status quo. Naturally a people person, I enjoy and prefer working in a team environment. Friends and colleagues would describe me as a creative thinker & problem solver who picks up the job quickly.
Area Covered: As a finance trainee I have worked in many areas of finance including: financial accounting, corporate governance, project accounting, auditing and financial planning.
Company Name: Highways Agency
Job Title: Graduate Electrical Engineer
Company: Highways Agency
Description: Highways Technology
Job Title: Solutions Delivery Consultant
Company: Cerner Ltd
Description: Healthcare I.T.
Job Title: Financial Analyst
Company: Highways Agency
Description: The Highways Agency is Operator, maintainer and builder of England’s Motorways and Trunk roads. I have engaged in various business areas as part of Highways Agency’s graduate scheme ranging from asset management, project management, research & development to accounting & finance.
• Full exam-qualification with the ICAEW.
• Applying skills and knowledge – Utilised Engineering and finance skills to develop a suite of automated processes, including an analytical tool (using VBA) which flags up inconsistencies between general ledger and management account codes (of which there are > 1000), freeing up senior financial accountants time.
• Financial analysis – Providing financial ratio analysis and commentary on the accounts of PFI (public-finance initiative) contractors’ for senior Engineers.
• Accounting policy drafting - Constructed/revised accounting policies that required full technical understanding of relevant International Financial Reporting standards with interpretation into a public sector context.
• Accounts production – Produced draft Highways Agency 2010-11 financial statements and respective notes.
• Diplomacy and partnership - Demonstrated ability to digest, understand & relay complex information to less experienced/non-technical business partners, including an overview of England’s overcomplicated roads valuation system to a new audit team. This included liaison and commercially appropriate interfacing with auditors.
• Gets the job done– Developed review & reporting process of England’s 99bn road asset. This consists of 100,000 rows of data, delivered using poor performing I.T. equipment. To overcome a constantly crashing system I self-trained in Microsoft Access. I am now devising an Access training programme for my colleagues.
As a finance trainee I have worked in many areas of finance including: financial accounting, corporate governance, project accounting, auditing and financial planning.
Summary: Although I studied the field of engineering I am now expanding my vocational base to finance. I am currently studying toward accreditation as an Associate Chartered Accounant with the Institute of Chartered Accounts in England & Wales (ICAEW).
I have passed all 15 exams to date.
Degree: Master of Engineering (MEng)
Field of Study: Electronic & Communications Engineering
University / College: Univeristy College London (UCL)
Accounting & Finance - ACA, ICAEW (Exam qualified)