- Birmingham, GB
- £30 /hr
- Available now
Need a hand with writing or editing? Get in touch!
An English Literature and Philosophy graduate from the University of Birmingham with substantial experience of editing books and written documents, both in-house for a professionalmore...An English Literature and Philosophy graduate from the University of Birmingham with substantial experience of editing books and written documents, both in-house for a professional book publisher and as a self-employed freelancer. I specialise in editing books.
With so many freelancers out there, the question is why choose me?
As an individual, I have an eye for detail and a passion for the written word. What’s more, I love editing and writing.
As a copy editor, I have a thorough knowledge of grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, and word meanings, developed through my considerable experience working in-house for a book publisher. As a content editor, I understand what readers want and how to deliver that.
As a human being, I want to improve the world, so I have helped others to improve their English language and editing skills through training, feedback sessions, and writing guidelines.
My experience includes:
• Freelance book editor and/or proofreader for over 60 books, including many first-time authors.
• In-house proofreader for over 400 books, and copy editor for over 40 books, often written by non-native English writers.
• Copyeditor and proofreader for over 500 press releases, blurbs, front matter, author biographies, table of contents, and covers.
• Proofreader and copyeditor for numerous CVs, application forms, blog articles, dissertations, essays, website content, etc.
• Regular article writer for European fashion site Jinnie Femme, regular blog writer for a leading London recruitment agency, among many others.
• Book review writer and founder of The Unconventional Book Club.
I look forward to working with you!
Book Editor - Content Development & Copy Editing
Always a pleasure to work with Ameesha! Thank you
Excellent communication and results.
It's always a pleasure to work with Ameesha.
This was a difficult task, but Ameesha completed it to her usual high standards. Highly recommend for editing and proofing tasks.
Ameesha, is not only a skilled copyeditor and proofreader but also knowledgable when it comes to writing, editing and publishing books. I will be back with my next book.
Ameesha is an invaluable professional that any budding author needs. Her ability to provide clear, honest feedback that ensures your final outcome is the best possible work you can do, is exceptional. Highly recommended!!
Her comments and feedback, with the suggestions were detailed and impressive. Surpassed my expectations - many thanks!
As always, Ameesha was reliable and produced fantastic work.
Ameesha is amazing. She is very helpful and goes above and beyond to give you the support you need. I will definitely be working with her again in the future.