- London, GB
- £30 /hr
- Available now
I am an experienced copywriter with excellent writing and editing skills and a Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism.
For the past 7 years I have written short and long copymore...I am an experienced copywriter with excellent writing and editing skills and a Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism.
For the past 7 years I have written short and long copy at some of the top London advertising agencies - including Iris Digital and Publicis Modem - for big clients like Renault, Morrisons and Volkswagen.
If you\'re putting together email campaigns, websites, advertising banners, brochures or mailshots, I can supply engaging, strategic copy on brief and to deadline.
Everything I write is based on techniques proven to get customers ordering. Hire me and I will work hard to get the cash registers ringing for your company.
Area Covered: London
Summary: February-April 2010
Freelance copywriter, Iris Digital, London
Alistair worked on a digital marketing toolkit for whisky brand Ballantine\'s 12. This explained how local markets could use social media to spread word about the brand. Plus it included ideas for creating engaging content for bloggers and influential partners. In addition to writing the toolkit, Alistair helped develop these buzz-building ideas. He also worked on concepts for a Volkswagen banner campaign, copy for the Volkswagen website and copy for Vodafone and SureMen advertising banners.
August-December 2009 & January-February 2010
Freelance copywriter, Rail Europe, Kent
Alistair wrote copy and created tone-of-voice for the new Rail Europe website working to wireframes supplied by digital agency DesignUK. His copy included Lonely-Planet-style city guides to top European destinations and functional copy for the new booking engine. The new site features over 1,000 pages of original content.
Freelance copywriter, Candi, London
Alistair won a place on Candi\'s freelance roster after impressing on an initial trial. Across regular placings, he wrote copy for the award-winning Morrisons website, plus newsletters and targeted email campaigns. Working closely with art directors, designers, technical teams, planners and other writers he handled several major briefs, including Morrisons\' summer vouchers promotion.
Freelance copywriter, Ogilvy & Mather, Vietnam
For this remote freelance assignment, Alistair supplied campaignable ideas and wrote TV scripts promoting Canal Plus - a new satellite television offering to homes in Vietnam.
January 2007-December 2008
Copywriter, Moocow Ltd, London
Moocow Ltd is an \'ideas farm\' founded by a Cannes-Gold-Lion-winning creative director. The company creates innovative products ranging from international games brands to fashion labels and cult toys. Working with an experienced art director and a team of designers, Alistair wrote short and long-form copy and supplied creative to market these products across online and offline media. His key achievements included:
- writing all copy and supplying creative for digital campaigns featuring microsites, ecommerce sites, email shots, newsletters, video content and banners;
- establishing tone of voice, devising a buzz-building campaign and acting as brand guardian for a new international games brand;
- generating copy and creative for pitches to Starbucks, Clinton Cards and Ricky\'s, plus major licences like the TV show \'Ashes to Ashes\';
- developing thriving social networking groups and generating viral campaigns.
September 2006-January 2007
Freelance copywriter, Publicis Modem, London
Publicis Modem creates digital advertising for clients including Renault, HP Printers, Quorn, Zurich Insurance and The Army. Alistair was hired on a contract to work with an art director to generate copy and creative across several major digital briefs. His key achievements included:
- writing all copy for The Army\'s TA Fitness website - 20,000 new subscriptions to the site\'s interactive training programme in the first two days after launch;
- generating copy and creative for an interactive microsite promoting The Army\'s Camouflage magazine;
- writing copy promoting Renault\'s new range of Megane cars, including the \'Everything is Sport\' website where users could play games and win weekly and monthly prizes;
- generating copy and creative for several interactive banner campaigns;
- writing copy for print advertorials and emails promoting Zurich car and home insurance;
- generating copy and creative for Publicis\' graduate training scheme.
May - September 2006
Freelance copywriter, The Forward Group, London
The Forward Group is part of WPP and works with Tesco, Barclays and Ford. Alistair was hired to provide content and creative for Barclays Premier, a new brand sitting under the Barclays Financial Planning umbrella. His key achievements included:
- working as lead copywriter and brand guardian on all Barclays Premier printed material, including generating a new tone of voice and style of creative execution;
- writing and researching long-copy pieces covering complex issues such as pension provision and investment options in a clear and concise manner;
- writing copy and supplying creative for in-store material including brochures, leaflets and posters supporting major product launches in branches nationwide.
December 2005 - May 2006
Copywriter, THREES!XTY, London
Threesixty was founded in March 2005 by a group of experienced advertisers. Alistair was hired to work with an experienced art director reporting directly into a D&AD award-winning creative director. His key achievements included:
- writing copy and supplying creative for the agencyÃƒï¿½Â’¢Ãƒ’¯Â’¿Â’½Ãƒ’¯Â’¿Â’½s new business collateral, including the credentials booklet, new business letters and company website;
- writing copy and supplying creative for a Marketing Week cover wrap promoting the agency offering;
- writing copy in support of Opal Telecom\'s \'Hostopia\' product launch.
April 2003 - December 2005
Copywriter, Onetel, London
Before its sale to Carphone Warehouse, Onetel was a communications provider and part of Centrica. Alistair was teamed-up with an experienced art director in the company\'s internal creative agency where his key achievements included:
- winning a Centrica Achievement Award for his role in the company\'s multi million pound rebrand;
- generating content and creative for the company\'s sponsorship of the 2005 UK Music Hall of Fame;
- writing copy for full ecommerce websites, microsites and e-mail shots;
- writing copy and supplying creative for national print, radio, DM and POS advertising.
Company: Moocow Ltd
Description: I worked at Moocow Ltd for nearly 2-years in which time I worked across several brands providing all copy for microsites, ecommerce sites, POS, packaging, presentations, EDMs, brand books and more.
Company: 3E Electric Bikes & Scooters
Description: Copy for new company brochure and website.
Education Summary: London School of Journalism: 2002 - 2003
Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism (Merit)
Webcredibles Advanced Web Writing Course: March 2010