- 94% (17)
- Sales 1
- Delivery in 1 day
- Sales 1
- Rating 100%
- Delivery in 1 day
Alice was very pleasant to deal with.
Unfortunately, Alice did not go a good job on this article.
There were at least a dozen spelling/grammatical errors that my editor found as well as some 'British English' terminology even though I was confident Alice knew this was for an American audience.
After the article was delivered, I gave it a quick glance and did in face tell her it looked great, at which time I released the funds. I travel A LOT and didn't know when I was going to have WiFi connection yet, so I wanted to ensure Alice was paid.
Once I sent this over to my editor, things went downhill fast. It was then we discovered the errors. We worked on this for several hours in-house before I made the determination that Alice really needed to be the one that fixed the issues, not us.
We stopped our editing and I reached out to Alice. She immediately hopped on the defensive by saying, "I'm really surprised that there's so many errors as usually my proofreading is very good. Also, you did say yesterday that you'd read it and that I'd done a 'nice job'?"
She then closed with, "I'm sorry you're disappointed and will check over it again this morning., fix any errors I can find." which again shows her lack of proofreading skills.
We went back and forth a bit, once i spent some time pointing out the errors, such as:
Just on the first page:
1. I changed the sentence 'And the brand synonymous with tasty mustard?' because it didn't fit the style of the article. I don't penalize you for this, I just want to keep the tone consistent.
2. "coming in at $0.019 cheapest per ounce than it's closest competitor. It all adds up!"
cheapest isn't the right word here, I used cheaper. Also, it's reads as 'it is'. It should be 'its' closest competitor.
3. "It chose big brand Kraft for this comparison."
Should be I chose, not it chose.
4. "at $1.01 cheaper than than the closest competitor."
Should only be one than, not two.
5. "Dierbergs and Shop 'n Save didn't have a store brand option available, so this comparison is between the other three stores only."
If they didn't have a store brand option, why are there values in the table? This same thing happened a couple of times in the article.
6. As for the items you weren't able to find, I already spent a few hours editing this article. I used Find/Replace to manually replace the upper case and lower case inconsistencies. However, on your 2nd point you say you couldn't find a single one - looks like I missed one under Store Brand Mayo - you'll see that store brand mayo is capitalized.
She then sent me a revised article, and in the first hour I found:
1. Name Brand Butter
Three stores carried Land O Lakes butter and Wal-Mart carried Prairy Farms.
Proper spelling is Prairie Farms
2. "as crudités with dipping sauces"
That term isn't used in America, same with 'lauded'.
3. Under lemons: "However, this was for a 21lb bag,"
Where did you get 21 lbs from? The data I sent over says 2 lbs.
4. I haven't started checking prices yet, however something jumped out at me, the store brand prices of bacon are way lower than I would have expected.
I checked the numbers I sent over to you and they are WAY off.
For example, Schnucks brand bacon is supposed to be $6.29 per pound. You have $1.49 per pound - where does that number come from?
You also have the price AND brand wrong for Aldi.
The other 3 are incorrect as well.
Please check these too...
I wasn't upset, just needed to receive what I had paid for.
She sent back a reply which included, "Unfortunately I am now away at a literary event for the next 5 days and won't be able to provide any more edits on this job."
She did offer a small refund, which I accepted. However, I don't believe Alice understands that the real issue here was the amount of time it took out of my already busy schedule.
When all was said and done, she sent me a final message which included, "I'm glad it's over with."
I thought that was a bit snarky to say to a customer. I won't be using Alice again in the future.
I don't consider more than 50% of my total earnings a 'small' refund. You are the one who said 'I'm just glad it's over. I simply agreed with you. You've taken a lot of time to try and discredit me. However, people can see that all of my other reviews are five star so I hope they make up their own minds.
Alice was a pleasure to work with on this project, neither of us knew the extent of the work due to the layout of pages and use of 'old English' language, however, Alice kept me informed, proposed a fair cost proposal and delivered as agreed.
I would certainly recommend Alice for similar projects and will use again.
Alice followed the brief and delivered solid work in a timely manner. Great work.
Great communication and well-written articles that were on brief
Alice was fab!! She delivered two engaging blogs with the topics I suggested in time she promised. So yes!! Will definitely work with Alice again.
Thank you Olubunmi :)
Very nice job! Would definitely hire again :)
Thank you Matt :)
Thank you James :)
Alice did well on this project, I would use her again