- Saint Petersburg, RU
- $30 /hr
- Available now
Over the last 8 years I wrote almost every kind of technical document there is, from tiny readme files for scripts to complex functional specifications. I'm used to work onmore...Over the last 8 years I wrote almost every kind of technical document there is, from tiny readme files for scripts to complex functional specifications. I'm used to work on the product at every step of the way, from the initial idea to the fully working application or web service.
As a business analyst, I basically do the following:
1. Gather business requirements.
2. Write feature lists and business use case specifications (UML).
3. Create interface mockups and wireframes (this obviously includes usability analysis)
4. Write detailed system use case specifications (UML) for the developers and testers.
This a very general description. The exact set of tasks depends on the project and software development methodology (Agile, Scrum, Spiral etc)
I'm also used to describe business processes (mostly in BPMN).
So if you have a project that needs a meticulous and responsible business analyst, please contact me, I'll be happy to help. Please note that my services are not confined to the list above, I can do virtually anything that is related to IT projects and involves any form of analysis.
Prior to business analysis I worked as a technical writer for Quest Software, and I'm more than capable of creating technical documentation, so if you have an interesting offer, I will most definitely consider it.
I do not have BPMN or wireframes in my portfolio beacause my clients don't want to share it, but I have their permission to send out some pages and diagrams upon request. So if you want to have a look, just tell me.
Area Covered: .
Summary: Over the last 8 years I wrote almost every kind of technical document there is, from tiny readme files for scripts to complex functional specifications. I'm used to work on the product at every step of the way, from the initial idea to the fully working application or web service.
Job Title: Business Analyst
Company: Yota Lab
Description: Yota (http://www.yota.ru/en/) is the first Russian high-speed wireless network based on Mobile WiMAX. Yota Lab develops services to support main company business.
As a business analyst, I'm responsible for:
- Gathering and formalizing business requirements to the Yota services
- Gathering and formalizing system requirements to the Yota products
- Analyzing usability and creating UI sketches for new products
- Writing functional specifications
- Creating presentations on Yota services and products for a variety of audiencies
- Describing internal business processes of the company
Job Title: Technical Writer
Company: Quest Software
Description: Quest Software (www.quest.com) is an international software development company.
I mostly worked with Windows management solutions created by Quest Software.
My responsibilities included:
- Writing product documentation, including user manuals, administrator manuals, on‐line help etc.
- Reviewing all textual information in the products (UI labels, error messages, log files etc.)
- Managing a team of technical writers
Job Title: Translator
Company: Amphora Publishing House
Description: I've been working for Amphora as a freelance translator. I've translated about 10 novels including "A Long Way Down" by Nick Hornby and "Time for Bed" by David Baddiel, and several short stories.
All the translations were done from English into Russian.
Job Title: Freelance business analyst
Description: Feel free to check out my oDesk profile at http://www.odesk.com/users/~~5f25ca0dd12e9325
Summary: Philology studies
Field of Study: Philology
University / College: Saint-Petersburg State University